Menu
muddybloke
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New v6 box replacing Tivo box, current recordings

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to the new V6 box from the Tivo box before that, which is coming through soon as a self install. Can anyone answer this question who might have had the same issue regarding recordings?

1) Can I somehow connect both boxes to my hub so i can watch my existing recordings on the old box while using the new V6 box to record future recordings, or will i have to watch my old programmes before connecting the new box?

cheers

Tim

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New v6 box replacing Tivo box, current recordings

Unless you have made arrangements to keep the TiVo, it will be de-activated when you activate the V6 and you will lose access to the recordings on the TiVo.

If you arrange to keep the TiVo (for a limited period until you watch the recordings) and pay the additional monthly charge of £7.50, you can watch the TiVo's recordings on the TV connected to the V6 (and the TiVo does not require a TV connected).

However, both the TiVo and V6 require both a co-ax connection and a connection to your Superhub. The V6 can connect to the Superhub by direct Ethernet cable, powerline adapters or wifi, whereas the TiVo can only use the first two as it has no wifi.

All Replies
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Unless you have made arrangements to keep the TiVo, it will be de-activated when you activate the V6 and you will lose access to the recordings on the TiVo.

If you arrange to keep the TiVo (for a limited period until you watch the recordings) and pay the additional monthly charge of £7.50, you can watch the TiVo's recordings on the TV connected to the V6 (and the TiVo does not require a TV connected).

However, both the TiVo and V6 require both a co-ax connection and a connection to your Superhub. The V6 can connect to the Superhub by direct Ethernet cable, powerline adapters or wifi, whereas the TiVo can only use the first two as it has no wifi.

muddybloke
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

thanks. ideal answer.

0 Kudos