Menu
brianc63
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New tivo box and av sender

Guys.  

Just renewed my contract and was offered box upgrades which I accepted. The old box had a scart input and I used an av sender to fire tv to the bedroom. The new box doesn't have a scart input - is there any way I can still do this? I already have multi-room and a second box elsewhere in the house.

Thanks. Brian

0 Kudos
Chalkywhite
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New tivo box and av sender

Hi Brian

I had the same dilemma and in the end my only solution was to buy a wireless HDMI sender from Amazon at the following linkhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A22MG62/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Unfortunately it is quite expensive but after positioning the units properly gives me a great picture which is far better than the original signal via scart.

My only word of caution is that the customer support from Provision is not very good and you do need to take time to fine the best position of the boxes.

0 Kudos
brianc63
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that Chalkywhite.

Yes. Just popped into Maplin to see if they could suggest something and all they could offer me was a similar product at £150. 

Wish I'd known this before agreeing to the upgrade - which is costing me £50 to do!! Hope the new box is worth it.

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There's always the low-tech option of a long HDMI cable, I've got a couple of 10m HDMI cables in my setup and they work fine.

0 Kudos
Mr_K
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You might be able to use a HDMI splitter and a HDMI to Scart converter if you wish to retain you current set up.  See this  thread:- https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/V6-Box-Scart-connection/td-p/3304980

Doesn't look like people have had great results.  It's the main reason I'm sticking with Tivo.

Let us know how you get on if you try the splitter/converter route or come up with another solution !

0 Kudos
Chalkywhite
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I tried that configuration but the scart converter did not work so I had to send it all back

0 Kudos