Menu
blunty406
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

New install

Had 2 new V6 boxes installed by engineer today. Told me they would take a few hours to be set up  so connected them along with a new super hub 3. One box I started 3 hours later and it eventually ran the set up installations and receives TV. But came with an M63 error account not configured correctly. Will not connect now to update. Other box has to be wifi and will not connect.

Also had to spend 30 minutes on the phone to get the super hub working. Surely the engineers should make sure everything works correctly before leaving, otherwise I may as well had a self install. New hub is giving only 42Mbps whereas the old 2 gave me 100+ on Speedtest, Not impressed at all.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New install

Taking the speed out of it...

Theres a national issue with connecting to the TiVo media service ATM, estimated fix time is tomorrow at 8am. But Id stress that's an estimate. Until that's resolved, your box(es) wont get provisioned and work- but the engineer would not have known that.

Returning to speed- how are you connecting to the new HUB? Wired? Wireless?

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Taking the speed out of it...

Theres a national issue with connecting to the TiVo media service ATM, estimated fix time is tomorrow at 8am. But Id stress that's an estimate. Until that's resolved, your box(es) wont get provisioned and work- but the engineer would not have known that.

Returning to speed- how are you connecting to the new HUB? Wired? Wireless?

0 Kudos
blunty406
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Connecting wired to the hub as previously.

Hopefully the connection issues will be resolved soon.

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yesterdays issues are fixed now.. nothing showing on service status page, but it did recommend reconnecting via settings the connection to Virgin and then rebooting the V6 if you are still having issues. For me the TV just went black for a few seconds and going to 'Home' it was all fixed.

0 Kudos
blunty406
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I'll try although come home to no wifi or network lights on the hub although it is working

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

when the hub is working properly there should only be one light, the white bar at the bottom. The other lights only come on when there are issues with it.

0 Kudos
harrry
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

hi, i also have new connection and v6 has not worked at all (been trying since y'day). it fails at confirming access (failed) in the startup checklist and also turns up with c133 error at the beginning.  it connects fine to virgin media services  via settings. please help, i called in to help desk to find out if it is to do with activation of the box and was told no (broadband is working fine), thanks

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Did they not say anything else other than it wasn't the activation? Didn't they arrange for an engineer to call out or suggest anything else?

0 Kudos
harrry
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No, I was only told that it's all new customers being impacted by the Tivo service issues so was told to wait & try again. I have tried several times since and still no luck; it will be great if there is a confirmation if device need activation as it can just be simply that the v6 box is not activated
0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I would call them again and if you don't get a reasonable answer ask them to put you through to Retentions, as the Retentions guys really do know what they are talking about.

0 Kudos