Menu
dvbreckell
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New install no catchup/on demand and Netflix/youtube problems

Hi There,

We just been cabled up on our housing estate and have had two V6 boxes installed this morning with 200Mb fibre broadband package but the boxes seem to be plagued with faults.

On the main box Netflix errors out on with either a green screen or error after 2-3 secs playback and the youtube app loads but when I run a video I got audio only. I rebooted the box and it then got repeatedly stuck on loading the channels at 16%. After a google search I got rebooted again without the HDMI connected and this seems to have cleared the fault for now....

On the second box there is no catchup/on demand and only 4 apps are loading (pre installed?). It has been like this for 10 hours since the install. The internet is connected and active on the box as the youtube app is streaming.  I've rebooted but it doesn't help. Should I call Virgin?

Also I am getting about 45-82Mb max on a 200Mb Line. I'm hardwired to the router and the connection to the local server on speedtest hosted by Virgin 20 miles down the road. Is this normal? (I've still got a 40Mb Sky Fibre line active and it is far more responsive for browsing.)

I'm in the cooling off period and am seriously thinking about cancelling the whole thing and going back to Sky.

0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New install no catchup/on demand and Netflix/youtube problems

Have you reported the fault by phone? Answers from the VM forum team can take a week or more. If you want to cancel within 14 days this forum may be to slow.

I have seen reports that there are currently some problems with on demand and catch up, so if they tell you that the problem is due to the network and will be fixed in a few days you could ask for an extension of your cooling off period?
0 Kudos
dvbreckell
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi There,

Looks like the problems back on the main box as well. After some research it would appear that a number of people have been experiencing this software problem since February with no fix on the horizon. I'll ring CS in the morning and probably cancel the TV and go Sky Q.

The more I read the less faith I have in the V6 boxes in their current form.

I'll persevere with the internet.

Thanks for the advice.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi dvbreckell, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your V6 boxes and internet speed since installation. 

Usually it can take a few days for everything to get up and running so this could be why you were having the issues. 

Since posting, how have things been? Are you still having the same issues?

Come back and let me know as if so, I'm here to help and will look in to things. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dvbreckell
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

I spoke to Virgin Media Tech Support and the on demand was a known problem and they were planning a software update. I rebuilt the software on each box and that seems to have sorted the issue with the TV.

The fibre broadband is only running at around 80mb on a 200mb package which is quite disapointing. I've been running tests hardwired to the router via SpeedTest on a local server >8 miles away. It is a brand new network just installed on the estate in January Is this indicative of a fault?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi dvbreckell,

Thanks for getting back to us!

Sorry again for the trouble you've had with this.

I've run diagnostics on your hub and I can see an issue with your channel SNR. This is likely to be causing the issues you've had with your broadband. I'd like to send a technician to adjust these levels and investigate your TiVo®.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos