Menu
Delta452
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

New customer, do I cancel and wait for V6?

Hi all,

I've just signed up as a new customer last week and currently have an installation scheduled on the 2nd December.  Obviously, I don't want to have an out of date box installed just as V6 gets released (or will shortly be released).

So, do I cancel my existing order and reorder when V6 is launched?

When I called customer services and asked this question, they didn't have a clue how to respond and just told me "all new customers will be getting a letter about this".

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer, do I cancel and wait for V6?

From this and other forums it seems all new customers are getting the V6.
There seems to be no definitive confirmation of this as not everyone will join forums like this but it is what I have been seeing.
This started last week and if your install is 2nd December I would say it is more likely you would get a V6 as the official launch date appears to be Nov 30th.
Delta452
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, that's good to know. Having said that, I was on the VM help chat just now and they told me I'm scheduled to have the old box, so maybe they are keeping it as a surprise (under promise, over deliver!)
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Don't trust anything you are told on phones, most people on them don't have a clue 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Delta452, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're currently running a technical pilot where some of you very lucky people will have one installed however it's not guaranteed that you will get one.

We wouldn't want to lose your custom right now however at the same time as the box is still being piloted, we're not able to offer this to stop you cancelling either Smiley Sad 

Ultimately it is your choice. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
everton2004
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Such a shame, as I'm out of contract with Sky - was looking at upgrades for my old Sky+ HD setup and the choices were the VIP package with VM or to upgrade to SkyQ.  I don't need the stress of the old slow Tivo box in my life, so as there are no guarantees of a V6 box it seems my only option is SkyQ.

0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Up to speed
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm almost certain it would be the old TiVo box that would be installed. I hope I'm wrong!

0 Kudos
Delta452
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Precisely, which is a shame. I may ring in to CS after the official launch date and see what they say

0 Kudos
Delta452
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So I can confirm that not all new customers are getting the new box; I'm having the TiVo box installed as we speak Smiley Sad
Very poor new customer experience, especially as the engineer expected all the cables to still be here from a previous installation years ago, and wasn't anticipating running new cables which he's doing now.
Guess I'll have to take it up with CS over the phone...joy
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The announcement was very clear that existing customers would potentially get V6 this year and new customers would have to wait until January.

0 Kudos