Menu
Sean0271
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New V60 Box

I am seeking help as to what to do please. I notice the new boxes do not have a Scart socket and I cannot therefore set up my DVD recorder to feed off the signal, as I could on the TiVo box.
I have tried a hdmi doubler but the V box is having none of that.

How do I set up my DVD recorder to record from the V box please?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New V60 Box

Basically they dont want you to, which is why its difficult.

You COULD go HDMI>RF>DVD Recorder, but youd need an HDMI to RF convertor and they aint cheap.

Virgins position is that the TiVo and V6 are for time shifting recordings, not archiving them. And that's to do with licensing restrictions from content providers.

For what its worth there IS a scart out on the box- its Mini DIN so you could have a plunder with that, AFAIK its switched off at a hardware level though...

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New V60 Box

Basically they dont want you to, which is why its difficult.

You COULD go HDMI>RF>DVD Recorder, but youd need an HDMI to RF convertor and they aint cheap.

Virgins position is that the TiVo and V6 are for time shifting recordings, not archiving them. And that's to do with licensing restrictions from content providers.

For what its worth there IS a scart out on the box- its Mini DIN so you could have a plunder with that, AFAIK its switched off at a hardware level though...

0 Kudos