Menu
Blenky
Dialled in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

New V6 stuck at Starting Up

Got my new V6 today.  I went to video set up and had the box do a test to find all supported resolutions.  I saved settings and came out.  This left me at a blank screen.  I could see EPG info bar when I changed channels and could hear sound but screen blank.  I attempted to get back to settings screen but no luck.  The box then rebooted. It has been stuck at the 'Starting up..' screen for the last 30 minutes.  Not sure what to do - shall I unplug it or just wait?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 stuck at Starting Up

30 mins, unplug it and try again.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Blenky
Dialled in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Turned it off and back on but still the same.  Booked an engineer but ca't get one to me until Tuesday.  a shame as waited over a month to get the upgrade.  Ho hum.

0 Kudos
JohnWB
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If you are not connected to the internet that will stop it starting up, I had a network switch fail which stopped the box booting. When I bypassed the switch it booted up straight away.

Check that out & see if that's the problem
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Belnky, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with the V6 box starting up. 

It looks as though this is a known issue however if the box is left powered, it will take a download which will resolve the problem. 

How has things been since you posted? Has the box progressed past the start up screen? 

It's worth trying JohnWB's suggestion too. 

Come back and keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Blenky
Dialled in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The issue was that I was connecting the V6 HDMI output to my Yamaha amp. As soon as I changed the video settings the screen went blank and re booted. I now have the HDMI connected directly to TV and it works fine.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Blenky, 

That's great news. I'm glad you've been able to get things resolved. 

If you have any further issues, pop back here and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Johnny_Boy
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Mines being doing this a lot lately. Either a blank screen when coming out of standby or hanging and I have to unplug it and it can take 10 minutes to start up and it has stopped recording some programmes. Might be an engineer visit looming.
0 Kudos
Metal101
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We have a strange problem - Have 2 V6 Boxes - Number 1 works with a Samsung UHD TV and we have absolutely no problem with this at all. Box 2 works with a Fergusson TV and it never starts up first time. I have to put the box into standby, then press the TV button (Twice) each time about 15 seconds apart. If I'm lucky I can turn the TV on and get picture and sound. If not I either get Blue screen, Black screen or Black screen with channel detail and sound.

Initially it took 15 to 20 attempts to start up - I can now do it in 1 to 5 attempts. - And I thought the Samsung TV's were a problem..

Michael.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Michael,

Thanks for posting!

This may require an engineer but before I can look into this further I'll just need you to send me a private message with the address, post code and name on the account.

You will be able to send me a private message by clicking on my name and selecting 'send me a message' on the right.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos