Menu
JMHT
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

New V6 set up issues

Moved to Virgin last Sunday but had to wait until Thursday to get the V6's but they're still notset up. Engineer said there is a nationwide issue. 

Anybody else got this or can confirm it?

0 Kudos
Klaus1970
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 set up issues

Virgins installer fitted a v6 box yesterday 8:30 am and left without it working, it's still not working now. 

Ring 150 and the "Experts" are clueless. 

0 Kudos
fist101
Dialled in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Had my new V6 installed Wednesday 1st Feb, No issues at all and all runs great, what is happening to your STB, What is the screen showing??

0 Kudos
JMHT
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Apparently issue only started yesterday and has been escalated to TiVo US for resolution.

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @JMHT

Is it showing C199 when verifying? A reboot should resolve that. If not, please let us know the error you're seeing and we can try to help.

James

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AdamMarslan
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Had mine installed at 3pm yesterday, still wasn't working at 10pm. spoke with virgin tech services last night and they said the issue is with TiVo state side but it would be fixed by 9am today. 10am and it's still failing to verify during setup. Box and modem restarted same issue. Do I call and wait another hour on the phone to speak to someone or can you do us the courtesy of keeping us informed on this thread please.

Error is C119, has been from the second the installer fitted box and said it would take an hour or two.
0 Kudos
Ted2
Dialled in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My experience of the V6.

Had mine put in last Friday. Engineer took 20 minutes and as soon as it worked he left. The V6 shut down done some more updates and after a reboot it started working. After 20 minutes the V6 shut down. It then went into a permanent loop of orange light (welcome logo's) and white light (start up) and that was it for the weekend. No amount of manual reboots or swapping leads would solve the problem. Monday I left it on gave it manual reboot now and then and nothing. Tuesday the same. Wednesday I manually rebooted it repeatedly and eventually I got a picture but then after 20 minutes it shut down. I rebooted it manually again and as soon as I got a picture I turned it off at the back, took the plug out waited 5 minutes. Put the plug back in turned it on at the back  and it worked straight away. I then went into the menu - Help & settings - Settings - Network - Connect to media service now. I then just followed the instructions. 

Touch wood the V6 box has behaved itself since then and has been working fine. I even cancelled the engineer who was going to replace the box but I didn't want to go through that again. I have no idea if anything I done made it work or if it was just a coincidence. Strange thing is I didn't really miss the telly at all. 

zoinks101
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

same problem here error c219 a bit more info from the team would be helpfull have been rebooting and retrying  for 4 hrs now and still not getting past verification, not the best introduction to virgins flagship hardware!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for your posts and apologise to hear you were having an issue with getting your V6 boxes installed and set up correctly. 

Are you still getting these error messages? 

If so, make sure the V6 box is connected to the Home Network via an ethernet cable. If you've already connected one, reboot the box to ensure the connection has been made successfully. 

If you need to connect the box via wireless then you can do this by following these options: 

Home on the TiVo® remote > Select Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Change Network Settings > Other Options > Connect to WiFi

Once the connection is successfully made, the 'Installing Software' screen should come on. If it doesn't connect, try forcing it by following these options: 

Home on the TiVo® remote > Select Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to the Virgin Media Service now

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
WriteComment
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F
You clearly haven't actually tried this yourself because if you had you would know that the verification failure (c219 network error) process is a loop - there is no way to get out of it once the connection problem page appears. The box simply keeps trying the same process which you can't stop or bypass.
Some useful tips would be gratefully received.