Menu
asha_bristol
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New V6 power saving settings - hard disk spinning 24/

Since the recent update i've noticed that in 'always on' mode the hard disk spins constantly and never switches off as it used to. I've had to (reluctantly) switch to one of the other power settings to prevent the hard disk spinning 24/7. A software glitch me thinks. Anyone else noticed this?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 power saving settings - hard disk spinning 24/

The disk has always spun when the settings are always on as all tuners are always buffering in this mode.

0 Kudos
asha_bristol
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They never have on mine until the latest update. Only really noticed it as we have one in our bedroom that has been whirring away all night long for the last few nights when they haven't before.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry but it was doing it before. Now that you have noticed it, you are now concious of it.

0 Kudos
asha_bristol
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I can promise you it wasn't. Just to be clear i am talking about the 'always on' power setting in standby mode (red light) and not always on (white light). Anyway, changing the settings to 'connected low power' has cured the hard disk spinning issuevand now it's the same as it was before, albeit it might now switch itself off after 4 hours.
0 Kudos