Menu
leelyn
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New V6 box, printer not working' Now TV' wont connect and TV not accessing signals via Virgin

Spent last 3 hours trying to connect printer also a number of TV functions not working via Virgin V6 such as ASPECT controls refuses to accept signal. Old Tivo box handled all of these with ease.

Printer is recognised and messages say the page is printing, unfortunately it is not any clues as to how to proceed would be appreciated. Also internet drops out fairly frequently.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New V6 box, printer not working' Now TV' wont connect and TV not accessing signals via Virgin

I'm not familiar with that particular printer but I'd guess that the IP address has changed when you swapped the hub.  

I found the following online which may be helpful, let us know if this works.

Q: Does anybody know how to change the WiFI settings (SSID and password of the host network) for HP Laserjet P1102W? This printer comes with an integrated Wifi adaptor and detects the initial wifi settings automatically during installation. Last week I changed my Wifi router and couldn't find a way to reconfigure my printer for it.

A: In the install directory for the 1100 series there is an executable that takes you through the reconfiguration of the P1102w wireless settings. In Win 7 in (C:\Program Files\HP\HP LaserJet P1100 Series) The executable is (wificonfig.exe) Run this with the printer next to your laptop or desktop with the printer on and a USB cable available but not connected, and follow the instructions given by the program. This takes you through the wifi setup without the tedium of uninstalling and reinstalling anything.

All Replies
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 box, printer not working' Now TV' wont connect and TV not accessing signals via Virgin

Sorry but I'm confused as to what the TiVo /V6 has to do with your printer.

0 Kudos
leelyn
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes your right the printer is interfacing with a new Hub 3 but not very successfully to provide wifi access to printer.   Sorry about the confusion,

0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What printer is it? 

Are you able to check the list of connected devices and confirm the IP address of the printer? (I had that problem with my Ricoh printer).

0 Kudos
leelyn
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am using an HPLaserjet 1102w was working fine with Older Tivo Box, if you have any clues please let me know

0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm not familiar with that particular printer but I'd guess that the IP address has changed when you swapped the hub.  

I found the following online which may be helpful, let us know if this works.

Q: Does anybody know how to change the WiFI settings (SSID and password of the host network) for HP Laserjet P1102W? This printer comes with an integrated Wifi adaptor and detects the initial wifi settings automatically during installation. Last week I changed my Wifi router and couldn't find a way to reconfigure my printer for it.

A: In the install directory for the 1100 series there is an executable that takes you through the reconfiguration of the P1102w wireless settings. In Win 7 in (C:\Program Files\HP\HP LaserJet P1100 Series) The executable is (wificonfig.exe) Run this with the printer next to your laptop or desktop with the printer on and a USB cable available but not connected, and follow the instructions given by the program. This takes you through the wifi setup without the tedium of uninstalling and reinstalling anything.

leelyn
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks, I will try this.

0 Kudos
leelyn
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for pointing the way, the Printer is connected and all the back prints have made an appearance!!

0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That's great news. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos