Menu
Superuser
Message 11 of 25 (531 Views)

Re: New V6 box Hdcp error

If the receiver is capable of handling HDCP 2.2 2160p and that's what it reports to the box, then that's what the box will supply to the receiver.

I'd expect the receiver needs to be told to reduce its output to 1080p.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Joining in
Message 12 of 25 (528 Views)

The receiver is set to pass through so doesn't make any changes to the incoming or outgoing signal. All my other components work fine including My PC and Xbox one s my old sky HD box also use to work fine.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 13 of 25 (522 Views)

All of those outputting 1080p content? i.e. not HDCP 2.2 UHD?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 25 (502 Views)

I sorted a similar problem with my 7010, I just put one of these between the V6 box and the receiver and it worked fine.

iSolem [1080P FULL HD] 1x2 3D HDMI Switch Box.  It cost about £10 from Amazon but they are out of stock now but have plenty of similar boxes

You could try puting one between the reciever and the projector.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 15 of 25 (453 Views)

Tried one of the splitters from Amazon and get no picture at all from the v6 box. Tried my PC and that works fine using the splitter.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 16 of 25 (411 Views)

Hi all.  Just got a V6 installed and found similar problems.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction for a workaround.

Pioneer VSX-930 AV amp.  Worked fine with 500GB Tivo but with it connected to the V6, the V6 would fail to boot.  Just sat on "Starting up".  If I plug it directly into a Samsung TV, it booted fine and worked fine.  Switch the connection over to the amp and I'd get menus but no TV picture and it would hang if you tried to get it to do much.

Solution?  Well, I'm hoping Virgin will take this as more evidence that there's something wrong that needs fixing - the engineer even commented he'd plugged one into an amp earlier that day and it hadn't worked.  For now, I've plugged it into an eSynic 1x2 HDMI splitter from Amazon with only one output used.  Power is from the USB power on the back of the V6 box via a Startech USB to Type M Barrel 5V DC power cable.

Just joined
Message 17 of 25 (382 Views)

I had the same problem when connecting the V6 box through my amp. My TV is quite old now and doesn't support HDCP 2.2.

I managed to work around it by connecting the V6 box onto a non-HDCP 2.2 HDMI input - but it's a bit annoying as I have to pick "game" on the remote to pick up the Tivo box, and "cable" to pick up a game console.

Not the world's biggest issue, but it ought to be possible to just tell the V6 box to just output 1080p and use a lower HDCP standard.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 25 (255 Views)

I bought one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160548918879

It's only £6 and I connected it directly to the V6 box and then used another cable from the converter to my AV receiver. This basically just makes it always use 1080p rather than trying to do 4k.

Once I buy a 4k TV I will remove the device.

This is really something that should be configurable on the V6 box, though.

Tuning in
Message 19 of 25 (108 Views)

Thank you .. that was the answer for me.  If you have a V6 box and an A/V receiver that supports HDCP 2.2, yet your TV isn't HDCP 2.2 compliant, then connect the V6 box to a non-HDCP 2.2 input and it will all work fine.  I bought my new amp in preparation for a new 4k TV and hence ran into this problem.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 20 of 25 (53 Views)

Hi Guys,

Looking for some help if possible. I am getting the message about tv is not HDCP 2.2. every thing works if I bypass the amp and direct HDMI straight into V6 box and connect optical cable for sound but this is not a good solution. I have brought one of the splitters but this does not seem to sort the problem, Can someone let me know how I set this up as struggling. By tv is not 4k but only 3 years old 55 inch Panasonic Plasma - Denon 3300

This is the message I got from Denon who seem to think it is a problem with the V6 box.

Further to our conversation regarding handshake issues between your V6 Box, Receiver, and Television.

Just to make you aware, we have had some similar reports of this where a non HDCP 2.2 specification is being used and the V6 box is being connected via the receiver.  There are some posts online of this occurring with other manufacturers products also.

We reported this to our engineers a while ago, and they believe that the phenomenon is most likely caused by improper HDMI-repeater functionality within the source device (V6 box) itself.  Resulting in HDCP authentication failure.

Please help as really want to play my V6 through my denon Amp

Kind Regards
Paul
0 Kudos