Menu
boomish
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New V6 TiVo looks good but tablet only for new customers?

Nothing on my Virgin "My Ugrades" page either so I called, got quoted £64 but when I asked about the tablet the operator was confused, asking where I'd seen that, I said online etc she informed me they are for new customers only! 

As install won't be before Christmas anyway I said forget it, we are away , I'll see if we get offered something in the new year..shame existing customers get shafted. 

Alan

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 TiVo looks good but tablet only for new customers?

boomish wrote:

Nothing on my Virgin "My Ugrades" page either so I called, got quoted £64 but when I asked about the tablet the operator was confused, asking where I'd seen that, I said online etc she informed me they are for new customers only! 

As install won't be before Christmas anyway I said forget it, we are away , I'll see if we get offered something in the new year..shame existing customers get shafted. 

Alan

She was probably confused as the Telly tablet has not been released yet.

The tablet offer to which she referred is the standard offer for new customers and does not refer to the Telly tablet.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

boomish wrote:

Alan

She probably thought you were talking about the new customer offer they have from time to time which comes with a free tablet.  You need to specify TellyTablet.  They cost £299 or can be obtained with a 24 month contract deal.  I don't believe it is available to order yet.  I have seen 12th December mentioned.

boomish
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I apologise I read that both we're being launched together , I have found a review of it now and it seems to be nothing more than a cheaper Android tablet with TV Anywhere. Makes sense for those without a dedicated home tablet or second bedroom TV.  Streaming from the new box sounds like a great new feature.

0 Kudos