Menu
lesabbott
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New V6 Box Freeze and Resume from standby Issues

Installed my V6 box last week. These are the problems I am experiencing.

1. When trying to schedule a program to record the box completely froze and the remote would not even put it in to standby mode. A hard reset by cutting the power was the only way to get it to work. the time to start was horrendous. This has happened twice. today- also another time the V6 wasn't getting a signal from wifi so I had to reboot my router (Superhub2)

2. Trying to get he system to boot up from standby increasingly results in the box not starting (indicates it is starting but then freezes). This then requires turning the box off and then back on.

3. When trying to record a program from TV anywhere on my phone the app froze this afternoon .

This is a little disappointing when the equipment has only been in less than a week.

0 Kudos
penfold242
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 Box Freeze and Resume from standby Issues

I'm having the same problems. When I watch Netflix or anything through the red button. I trie to go back and watch to but my box freezes. So I turn box off and then restart it. I would say this happens 2 or 3 times a day, very annoying. Also the lip syncing seems to be out on some channels and the volume differs greatly between channels 

lesabbott wrote:

Installed my V6 box last week. These are the problems I am experiencing.

1. When trying to schedule a program to record the box completely froze and the remote would not even put it in to standby mode. A hard reset by cutting the power was the only way to get it to work. the time to start was horrendous. This has happened twice. today- also another time the V6 wasn't getting a signal from wifi so I had to reboot my router (Superhub2)

2. Trying to get he system to boot up from standby increasingly results in the box not starting (indicates it is starting but then freezes). This then requires turning the box off and then back on.

3. When trying to record a program from TV anywhere on my phone the app froze this afternoon .

This is a little disappointing when the equipment has only been in less than a week.

0 Kudos
kcin88
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've been having a similar problem.  Reported it a couple of weeks back, but no one has responded. 

Makes the service unusable.  Click Home and can never get out of it - none of the buttons respond.

0 Kudos
lesabbott
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Today the V6 threw an almighty wobbly and refused to load from standby.

I turned it off and back on again and it started to boot up- got the starting up message. The screen then went blank and the sound came on. This was then followed by the menu guide flashing on and off like a strobe for about 30 seconds before the picture came on.

I called virgin and let the automated diagnosis/ repair do its stuff.. I then left it 10 minutes before turning off and then on. The thing started to reboot with the starting up message. The on off button flashed , but so did 2 others next to it. After 15 minutes with no progress I called Virgin and a very nice techie informed me that at this time most people were having problems but mine was one of the worst and might be hardware requiring a replacement. He was keen to send an engineer to replace it, but I don't need the inconvenience just now if it can be avoided- especially as there are so many flaws.. He sent a signal to the box and miraculously it booted up. I then tried putting it into standby and restarting it while he was on the phone. After half a dozen goes it was still working.

In fact it has never started up so quickly in the week it has been here!!!!!!

We agreed to leave it be for the present but he has put a note on the file to replace it the next time it has an issue.

Apparently there are lots of problems and the first repair 'patch' should be out in a few weeks. There is a common fault with the V6 rebooting whilst recording.

0 Kudos