Menu
AdamAnalogue
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New V6 - 4k, remote pairing, Panasonic code

Had a V6 installed 7 Jan. Replaced 1 of 2 existing 1TB TiVos.

Installer had done several installations, but did not offer new 2.0 HDMI cable. Fortunately I had bought a new one just for the new box. He paired V6 remote but pairing failed after about an hour. I could not re-pair. Fortunately had kept original TiVo remote so could try re-pair via Settings menu, and by pressing down-channel button on front of box. No success so now have useless V6 remote. Rang VM who are sending a replacement.

Had been trying to make new V6 remote control volume on my Panasonic AV system. Had enabled TiVo remote to do this a while ago. Despite several tries with many codes, no success. Can anyone direct me to a full list of all the Panny codes for TiVo/V6 remotes?

Despite remote problems, mostly impressed by V6 BUT 4k picture and sound are buffering. Tried BBC iPlayer UHD trial, and Netflix 4k content. Both very noticeable buffering/juddering. Have new Samsung 4k tv which shows Netflix 4k content perfectly. Both tv and V6 are on same 5G VM wifi, showing (on V6 box) at 288Mbps, so it can't be a wifi problem. So can only assume that V6 is not in fact capable of 4k reproduction.

Fortunately I have not paid any extra for the V6 (was called by VM in December with offer of box free of charge and no new contract). Had I paid, would have sent it back. Only advantages are 6 tuners (unlikely to be a game changer for me), and clearer picture (V6 outputs at 2000-odd resolution). Shame about the 4k fail!

Just remembered - the installer managed to drop the box when he first entered my porch. Drop of around 4 feet, on to carpet. He didn't seem unduly concerned! Was much more bothered by the fact that he had "ten calls today!" - this was the first comment he made.

0 Kudos
Constable21
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 - 4k, remote pairing, Panasonic code

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=3943&CURRENT_C...
Choose "Control your TV..." Then scroll down to "Programming your remote using a device code". There's a link to a pdf with all the codes.
smalbon
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't see a "Control your TV" link in the page that your link goes to?

0 Kudos
moof
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos