Menu
Churchie1959
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New Tivo Boxes imminent, what about my current recordings will they be transferable?

Eagerly waiting for the new tivos.. but I (and I am sure many others) will be very disappointed if there is not a Virgin service (or tool) put in place to transfer my favorite "My Shows" recordings I have built up over the years.

Anyone heard anything?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Tivo Boxes imminent, what about my current recordings will they be transferable?

There will be no transfer. You will lose your recordings.

These boxes are for time shifting your watching, not creating your own archive of material.

I suggest if you want V6, you either get watching or consider taking V6 as an additional box for some time until you can watch the accumulated recordings on your TiVo.

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Tivo Boxes imminent, what about my current recordings will they be transferable?

I wouldn't have put it quite like Ernie did - it's not unreasonable to want to use Tivo for an archive and later transfer the material.

If transfer is a must, then the SCART port into a DVD recorder with a hard disk is what I suggest (like I have here). You won't be able to get the archive into the new V^, though.

HTH.

PS:  If the V6 has the eSATA port that it's US brother, Tivo Bolt, has, and if VM allow it to be enabled, I can think of ways to get from SCART on TIVO to an eSATA HDD.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No problem with a difference of opinion, @Sephiroth.

The V6 isn't based on the TiVo Bolt so no eSATA port.

You can see the back of the box here:

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/campaigns/virgin-tv-v6-comingsoon-faqs.html

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Shame about that, Ernie. That would have been so useful.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ernie, what's the socket between 3 and 4?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's a USB and, I guess, as usual it's disabled.

0 Kudos
bacus
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You should be able to copy your settings over though, as the TV Anywhere website has an option under 'Manage My Tivo' :-

"Copy TiVo settings - Copy Series Links, WishLists & Thumbs from one TiVo box on your account to another"
0 Kudos
Wile_E_Coyote
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

bacus wrote:
You should be able to copy your settings over though, as the TV Anywhere website has an option under 'Manage My Tivo' :-

"Copy TiVo settings - Copy Series Links, WishLists & Thumbs from one TiVo box on your account to another"

According to the help page (below) it should be easy...certainly hope so.

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=62969&CURRENT_...

0 Kudos