Menu
LesPoag
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New Install

Hi. I had a new install today, but only a v500 box. I phoned customer service who said speak to engineer if he has a spare he'll fit it. He didn't have one but put the cables in and told me to ask for a v6 to be sent to me for a home unstall. I spoke to customer services again who now won't honour our previous phone call.
Does this happen often with customer services?

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Install

The lack of the phone may be the reason for the difference. The bundles that include the V6 box also come with the home phone, but I'm not sure if the ones without do too.

You'll need to double check the contract that you were sent to confirm which box it says you should get with your order. If it's the V6 box on your contract, then it should be easy to resolve as you've been given the wrong box.

If it doesn't say V6 then you'll need to discuss a bit more about your options if that's what you want, and you may end up with additional fees to pay.

Either way you'll need to call back to resolve this.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

LesPoag wrote:
Hi. I had a new install today, but only a v500 box. I phoned customer service who said speak to engineer if he has a spare he'll fit it. He didn't have one but put the cables in and told me to ask for a v6 to be sent to me for a home unstall. I spoke to customer services again who now won't honour our previous phone call.
Does this happen often with customer services?

If you are meaning that you had a standard TiVo installed and not a V6, then its possible you may not be on the required tiers, for your VM services.

The V6 is only available for customers with Mix TV package and above and Virgin Media broadband minimum VIVID 100 (up to 100 Mbps) - do you fall into that bracket?!

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Also remember that the V6 is only included in the Full House and VIP bundles at present.

For any other the bundles, it's an paid option - as standard the other bundles get a TiVo 500GB box.

0 Kudos
LesPoag
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi all. My package is full house (XL) and Vivid 200 optical fibre. No phone
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The lack of the phone may be the reason for the difference. The bundles that include the V6 box also come with the home phone, but I'm not sure if the ones without do too.

You'll need to double check the contract that you were sent to confirm which box it says you should get with your order. If it's the V6 box on your contract, then it should be easy to resolve as you've been given the wrong box.

If it doesn't say V6 then you'll need to discuss a bit more about your options if that's what you want, and you may end up with additional fees to pay.

Either way you'll need to call back to resolve this.

0 Kudos
LesPoag
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi all, got the issue resolved after a couple of calls. When the order was taken the salesman made a mistake. As I'm on top tv and broadband I should have had the V6 fitted. The good news it arrives on Wednesday. Thank all
0 Kudos