Menu
Vfr800a8
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Netflix not working on new V6 box - issue resolution

It's a DNS issues. Set the router DNS to 198.168.4.100 and 194.168.8.100. Reset your router and then the Tivo box and it works absolutely fine.

It works in Modem mode fine so you don't need to do all the resets to standard mode on the router. You can also set the DNS to your preferred provider once you are sorted!

It works for both the TV channel 204 and the Netflix App.

0 Kudos
Vfr800a8
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix not working on new V6 box - issue resolution

Sorry, typo on my part. DNS settings are194.168.4.100 194.168.8.100.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vfr800a8

I'm very sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with Netflix on your V6 box.

Leaving the DNS set as standard should allow you access to Netflix, are you able to try this? If you're not sure how to do this, can you let me know what hub you have?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Juz
Tuning in
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Has an official fix for the issue been identified? I have the same problem on a V6 TiVo box with SH3. When I try to launch the Netflix app I just get the message "Netflix is loading onto the TiVo box. Please wait a moment and try starting Netflix again (V312)" continuously.

Everything else seems to be ok.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Vfr800a8
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

See above. It's a DNS issues. Set the router DNS to 198.168.4.100 and 198.168.8.100. Reset your router and then the Tivo box and it works absolutely fine.

It works in Modem mode fine so you don't need to do all the resets to standard mode on the router. You can also set the DNS to your preferred provider once you are sorted!

0 Kudos
Juz
Tuning in
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Forgive my ignorance but where in the hub menu do I do that, it's not obvious to me? Is the only way I can do it in modem mode?

Thanks again
0 Kudos
Sland
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Vfr800a8 wrote:
See above. It's a DNS issues. Set the router DNS to 198.168.4.100 and 198.168.8.100. Reset your router and then the Tivo box and it works absolutely fine.

Why the hell should I have to mess about with DNS settings to make VMs stupid bloody box work.  This is just so much crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Sland
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Vfr800a8 wrote:

It's a DNS issues. Set the router DNS to 198.168.4.100 and 194.168.8.100. Reset your router and then the Tivo box and it works absolutely fine.

Those IP addresses are non routable internet addresses so why the hell should they work when others dont?

0 Kudos
Juz
Tuning in
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sland

I don't know and didn't cure the issue like that anyway. I've never had the VM security bundle switched on (Virus and Child Protection) but was told if I switched it on in MyVM and then restarted my router and V6 box the problem would be sorted.

I can 100% confirm that this is indeed the case, Netflix is now working fine for me using this fix. If you wish, once everything is running ok, the security can be toggled off again. I've left Virus Protection on but Child Protection off and this has had no effect on my browsing.

Hope that helps.
0 Kudos
chriscl
Superfast
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I'm in modem mode using a separate router and I have VMs "Security" crap turned off. 

Netflix still doesn't work. 

0 Kudos