Menu
Colinm2
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Netflix not in 4K?

I had my new v6 box installed last week and even though I have the Nelflix 4K subscription it only shows as HD through the v6 box but when I log onto Netflix through my smart tv it shows as 4K or HDR? Do I need to alter any settings on the v6 box?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Longdong
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netflix not in 4K?

Hi to all have subscribed to Netflix to watch 4k content aswell with the new v6 box you may notice it while scrolling through the 4k programmes at the top where it gives you the information about the programme it still says Hd but once you click to watch that changes to 4k /ultra hd but only in the 4k section
At the present you can't view hdr I understand virgin media are doing a software update sometime this year
But if you have a smart tv or a 4k ultra hd dvd player you can watch Netflix in 4k and hdr so really the new v6 box is a bit out of date
0 Kudos

All Replies
Longdong
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi to all have subscribed to Netflix to watch 4k content aswell with the new v6 box you may notice it while scrolling through the 4k programmes at the top where it gives you the information about the programme it still says Hd but once you click to watch that changes to 4k /ultra hd but only in the 4k section
At the present you can't view hdr I understand virgin media are doing a software update sometime this year
But if you have a smart tv or a 4k ultra hd dvd player you can watch Netflix in 4k and hdr so really the new v6 box is a bit out of date
0 Kudos
Colinm2
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Mine doesn't change when I press to play it just says HD 5.1 then starts to play and the picture isn't nearly as good as it is through my tv app so I'm sure it's not showing in 4K,
0 Kudos
Longdong
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi with subscription to Netflix to watch 4k ultra hd you will have to have the correct package it's a little more money but if ultra hd is what you want that's what you will have to do
Please remember with Netflix / YouTube / amazon you will be streaming these
For a better viewing experience try a 4k ultra hd dvd player I've got the Panasonic dmp-ub900ebk (Fantastic)
0 Kudos
jonandmarkuk
Superfast
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Press the 'info' button on the remote.
It will tell you the audio and resolution of the show being played, sometimes its worth leaving it on screen for a few minutes as UDH will often start as HD and increase.
0 Kudos
Colinm2
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've just tried that and it's only in 1080 so it's not working in 4K I will give them a call later to get this sorted then, thanks
0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have you set 2160p video passthru on TiVo in your output settings?

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Colinm2
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No I haven't how do I do that?
0 Kudos
Mattyc1973
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

go into settings and video ouput - make sure you have 2160 ticked (press the thumbs up 3 times to save)
I've noticed my settings have re-set themselves back to 1080 a few times which I'm guessing is down to the broadband.

hope this helps
0 Kudos
Colinm2
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yep just that and it's sorted thanks for your help 👍
0 Kudos