Menu
jalean
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Netflix issues on new V6 box

I've had a new V6 box installed today.  When I first tried launching the Netflix app it kept saying it was currently being loaded and to try later, but after rebooting the box the app does now load and I've logged in successfully.

However, if I try and play any programs I just get an error saying "We're having trouble playing this title at the moment".

From what I've seen, if I try and play any 4k UHD content the error comes up immediately, and if I try and play normal/HD content the program does play for a few seconds but then the error appears.

I've found a few other posts from people having similar issues talking about changing DNS settings and router modes.  My hub is set to the default router mode, the V6 is connected to it directly via ethernet cable, and by HDMI direct to my LG 4k TV.

In Netflix app settings, the DNS server is showing as 192.168.0.1, and all the connection tests work fine.

AnthonyJesshop
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix issues on new V6 box

I have found that if you set your V6 box to 1080p,only, in the the video settings; Netflix will playback normally. However, I do not believe this resolves the issue as my TV is then locked to 1080p and will not playback Netflix in 4k as advertised.

Would be good to get a resolution to this problem.

Thanks
0 Kudos
ademathews
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same issue.

Box was installed yesterday and I spent 2hrs on the phone to virgin support, as Netflix wouldn't run at all - I was getting a message saying that the app was still installing.

Tried all sorts, but was told that it should sort itself out overnight. It didn't. Turns out that it was due to me running my hub in bridge mode - switching it back to router sorted that and I was able to log in.

Now I'm encountering this same issue and thought it might be something to do with me reverting back to bridge mode, but it wasn't.

When's this going to get sorted? I'm incredibly disappointed by my "upgrade". Yes, it's great when it does work, but I feel as though we're testing an item that was rushed to market in response to sky. The whole experience is very buggy for me.

Also, it wasn't made clear to me that my old box was being taken away (hopefully you don't sell that on!) - I thought I'd be able to put elsewhere and stream the recorded content to my new box.

Not happy. Especially after wasting 2 evenings faffing around.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

Thanks for your posts and apologies to hear you're having an issue with this trying to watch Netflix via your V6 box. Smiley Sad 

In order to help you with this I will need some information from you. I have sent each of you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply.

Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi jalean, 

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly on this Smiley Happy

I have gone in to the account and made the relevant changes. If you can now reboot your V6 box and try accessing Netflix again, is there any difference? 

Come back and let me know Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jalean
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've rebooted and things seem to be better now. Have tried a few different programs, including some 4k ones as well as standard HD, and all seem to be playing OK.
0 Kudos
jalean
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've also disabled the web safe controls and Netflix still seems to be working OK.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for updating the thread with this update jalean,

Great to hear that things have improved for you. Smiley Happy

Please feel free to get back to us if we can help with anything more.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
MrQuiche
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I seem to be having exactly the same issue. It only gets a few second into the show, and then the message pops up. And it happens on every show. I've restarted the v6 box on both occasions and netflix runs fine after that, but I don't want to have to reboot it every time.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers,

Rich

0 Kudos
MrQuiche
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I seem to be having the exact same problem. Only a few seconds into a show (every show), this message pops up and I'm unable to watch anything. On the two occasions I restarted my v6 box Netflix worked fine, but I don't want to have to reboot it every time.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers,

Rich

0 Kudos