Menu
Jaunty
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Netflix V312 error

Forum feedback - 2x new V6 Netflix does not load. Seen a few posts wondered if this is the same for everyone?

Can Access Netflix via Apple TV so not a big deal to me.  V6 is faster which is the only reason I got it really. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix V312 error

Hi Jaunty, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue accessing Netflix. 

Can you let me know the full error message you are getting and describe things as best you can for me?

Are you able to access other apps such as YouTube? 

What about On Demand / Catch Up content?

Come back and let me know so I can look in to this for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@Jaunty  -  are you still getting this error?

If so, are you using your own router?

Jaunty wrote:

Forum feedback - 2x new V6 Netflix does not load. Seen a few posts wondered if this is the same for everyone?

Can Access Netflix via Apple TV so not a big deal to me.  V6 is faster which is the only reason I got it really. 

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
PtolemyIV
Tuning in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi - I am having this exact error.

Had 2 v6s installed and both are suffering from the same problem - If I go to Home -> Catch Up or On Demand, I just see a message saying "Catch Up / On Demand is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few minutes."

Furthermore, if I go to apps, a number of the logos aren't appearing (they just show text with e.g. "YouTube_Ph5" whilst another YouTube icon appears in the next box along) - if I click on netflix it just says it is loading and to try again. 

Iplayer and youtube though are working and I can seach / stream iplayer shows with no problem.

I -am- using my own router connected to the virgin media hub but this is something I do want to do. I have tried reconnecting to the virgin media service and even resetting the tv box to no avail.

If there are some firewall settings I can do then please let me know but its v frustrating otherwise, of course.

ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Are you using a non-VM default DNS with your router?

V6 TiVo (with MRS)
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
PtolemyIV
Tuning in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Yes I am - that is an issue? Reason being that I ordinarily have a vpn running on dd-wrt on the router (but totally disabled that just to get the basic install to work at all - eventual idea was to bypass the vpn for specific ip addresses for the v6 boxes but I ideally like to have dns' set to alternative ones such as google's)

what are the default vm dns'?

evidently the cost saving of not having an in-built modem in the v6 could lead to all more tech troubleshooting...

0 Kudos
PtolemyIV
Tuning in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I also enable DNSMasq and Local DNS in dd-wrt for what it's worth... this is really annoying... regretting upgrading already!

As an aside, when I try to test network settings the port configuration test seems to get stuck on "testing" also - I did call tech support and the very friendly and transparent guy told me lots of info about the tech specs of the boxes but himself didnt know which ports they relied on... seems like a bit of an oversight given dependence on these boxes on an open internet connection!

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Using DNS settings other than the VM default is only an issue to get Netflix started on the V6 - once it logs in for the first time then you can go back to your preferred DNS settings.

It may be easier to simply set your VM hub into a temporary router mode and connect any V6 TiVo you have to the VM hub - and login into Netflix.

As long as you are using the VM DNS at the first use of Netflix - all should be good.

V6 TiVo (with MRS)
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
PtolemyIV
Tuning in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - I think you are right. I actually went back to router mode and connected up the v6s directly.

So netflix then can work if i find the app manually... issue is everything else isnt working properly still...

If i go to on demand or catch up it still says unavailable and half the apps on the app screen show no logo (just text with "_Ph5" suffix) and dont work

Really odd since I can stream netflix/iplayer no problem... i've tried connecting to virgin media service, i've tried reboot, i've even tried wiping the box - all to no avail

the only thing I do notice is that if i do a network connection test, the port configuration test takes a while and then says failed - but not sure what i should be doing since it is connected to my sh2!

0 Kudos
Jaunty
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for lack of response here -  I had turned off notifications. I can confirm I am in modem mode. I have had a private message from VM to turn that off and connect via Superhub once for Netflix to "set up" and that I can then go back to modem mode.

I access Netflix via my AppeTVs anyway,  so access via VM is not essential and I have not got around to this yet. I  just thought it was worth posting this info for forum feedback.

Sean

0 Kudos