Menu
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Netflix Going To Pink Screen After A Few Seconds

Hi All,

Over the last 4 / 5 days I've been having issues with Netflix via the app on the V6 box.

When it begins to play video it will play for around 4 / 5 seconds then the whole screen will go bright pink in colour, this happens around 60% of the time but becoming more frequent, i have done the following to no avail....

* Rebooted V6 box completely by leaving off overnight

* Rebooted router completely by also leaving off overnight

* Reloaded Netflix app on to V6 box

* Swore and cursed at the cheap and shoddy tech Virgin use in these boxes (didn't help but made me feel better)

My TV is a smart TV and has the Netflix app also built in so as soon as this issue happened on the V6 box i played the exact same content via the TV's built in app and surprise surprise it worked, i tested around 20 different titles on both the V6 box and the TV Netflix app and 80% of them went pink on the V6 box where they ALL worked perfect on the TV Netflix app.

To be honest i tend to use the Netflix app on the TV all the time now as when i compare the picture quality between the V6 box and the TV Netflix app the app on my TV delivers MUCH better picture quality, the picture from the V6 Netflix app seems quite grainy.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix Going To Pink Screen After A Few Seconds

Hello andyjstew,

Thanks for posting about this on the community and I'm sorry to learn that you're experiencing problems with Netflix.

I can see that you've tried to fix this yourself so I just want to check what the video output is set to on the box?

You can find this by going to -

Home - Help & Settings - Settings - Video Output.

This should be set to 2160p to watch any 4K content on Netflix and YouTube correctly so please let me know if this has been resolved.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix Going To Pink Screen After A Few Seconds

Hi, thanks for your response.

As my TV has Netflix built in i don't even use the Virgin box for this anymore and use the app built directly in to my TV as the pic quality is much better i find and the TV can handle the content better than the V6 box.

0 Kudos