Menu
abs4190
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Netflix 4k issues! !!

I have 2 v6 boxes. .both wired to the router (second via powerline adaptor). I am having problems on the main v6 box and netflix. The 1st display is 4k whereas the second is 1080p. Everything plays fine on the second but everytime I try and play 4k on the first it stops after a second with an error message saying problems playing try again later or play something else..with code 5.1.12 in the bottom of the screen.

This is with all resolutions checked in the v6 set up menu. .I've then just selected 1080p instead of the higher 4k but still the same. .I read another user saying the dns needed changing? ?

I rang Virgin CS who tried their best but to no avail. The v6 box is connected to my 4k av receiver using a high speed hdmi cable. Then I've selected pass thru in the receivers settings (so no scaling etc) but no joy! !

I've had it work a couple of times but the 4k material only shows 1080p when I press info on the remote. Even the title of the film etc only shows 5.1, HD etc but doesn't show 4k Ultra HD. Has anyone got 4k netflix working. And before anyone asks I am subscribed to the 4k netflix subscription and have enabled 4k in the netflix settings. .any help appreciated.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix 4k issues! !!

There is currently an issue with Netflix not identifying 4K content as such, but it plays in 4K when you select it.

0 Kudos
abs4190
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply but when I've managed to get 4k content playing it only shows as 1080p when I press the info button. Also why doesn't the displayed title have 4k listed in the description? It just shows HD?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

AFAIK its a problem with the metadata populating to apps. So whilst yes it shows 1080p on the menu, and shows as HD in the listing, if its available in 4K it should still display the 4K version when you play it- confusing I know.

Test by playing some content with KNOWN 4K version available on the 1080p set and then on the main 4K set- is there a noticeable difference in quality?

YES- its the know issue with Netflix meatadata

No= its something else- post back and let us know.

0 Kudos
abs4190
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The main display is a 4k projector with 9ft screen so the 32in 1080p will look better. saying that I've run you tube 4k through my pc and also Netflix through my pc at 1080p and it's better than on the v6.
0 Kudos
abs4190
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think I found out what the issue was finally. The v6 outputs a hdcp 2.2 signal. My receiver is not hdcp 2.2 compliant but is 1.4. So the 4k signal is being blocked at the receiver. I'll need a hdcp 2.2 to 1.4 converter to bypass this. .something like a hdfury.
0 Kudos