Menu
davebonnie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

NEW TV BOX V6

If Virgin is to phase out their present TIVO box to introduce their superior quality V6 box to combat the new Sky high classification TV box! Then Virgin needs to recognize their present loyal customers and come up with a magic offer for them...Or Virgin customers might move over to Sky...My present TEVO box has reacted in a slow manner since Virgin introduced it`s 2016 so called updates to the service. I have complained twice of the fact. But was informed that Virgin had only the Tevo box to offer ...Now that is NOT a fact because TIVO has been superseded by the new V6 ...

So come on Virgin ..why do you expect your present customers to except a second class service ????? Because Virgin state that it is the BEST TV SERVICE PROVIDER maybe your not Now ..!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: NEW TV BOX V6

Your TiVo should hopefully have been a recipient of this update which will improve matters:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Update-to-our-TiVo-boxes/td-p/3257296

To date VM do only have TiVo to offer - V6 isn't available to order yet.

VirginMedia wrote:

The new state of the art box will be available to existing customers on a Mix bundle or higher, before the end of the year. Existing customers will not need to change package to benefit.

New customers joining Virgin Media will be able to order the Virgin TV V6 box when choosing their TV bundle from January 2017.

The standard price of the Virgin TV V6 box is a simple £99.95 one-off upfront cost.
New and existing customers with a Full House 200 or VIP bundle will benefit from a promotional price of £49.95

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
davebonnie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: NEW TV BOX V6 DATE TO BE FITTED ?

To what Virgin department do I need to contact to be sure that a V6  is reserved and will be fitted before Christmas arrives ?? ..

If it is a fact that  the V6  can be fitted before the last week of this month this will allow me to record over the Christmas period  ..

It really don`t make much sense to record on my present Tivo box  to only then only have the V6  fitted during the last week of 2016 or early 2017 and loose the recordings I have collected over the Christmas period.

Thanks Dave 

0 Kudos
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

You can order your v6 box before christmas but you wont get it fitted before xmas..

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for your post and your interest in the V6 box Smiley Happy 

To order the V6 box, just give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111. Whilst we can definitely get your box ordered by Christmas, there is no guarantee on when we'll be able to install it. 

Some areas are right away although other areas are waiting up until February. The team will check availability when you call Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
davebonnie
Tuning in
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: NEW BOX V6 HIDDEN COSTS

Dear Richard ,

After making a phone call to the number you given to me by a Virgin representative  I was informed this after noon.

That although my package was of the correct size and my cost for the V6 would be the lower cost of £50-00p  ...Before a V6 would work I needed to increase my Internet speed to 200 megs ?  The cost of the required updated speed would add anther further £15-00 to my Virgin Media bill...

Unless I agree to increase my present speed of 70 megs to 200 megs there is no point in changing to the V6 ...AS IT WILL NOT WORK 

Since Virgin`s released their info on the V6 ...I have spoken twice on the phone to Virgin in reference to when I could order the V6

BUT NOT ONCE have I read or been informed by any of the Virgin representatives spoken to has  the extra requirement of having a 200 megs speed. been stated ?

This is why I state above it can now be clearly seen that the V6 has extra hidden costs to the requirements of the V6 package.

Sorry but have to state this ..But Virgin your leading your loyal customer up the garden path ,,and you have made this customer not too happy at all.

Last Thursday after reading about the V6  I thought that at last my slow often sluggish TIVO problem was at last going to be overcome.. ..Foolish me.!!!

On my fixed income as a OAP ...Virgins extra hidden cost to achieve the requirement of  200 Megs service  is a extra cost thats a step too far for this OAP..

As a Virgin customer I now feel disappointed and rather angry as it has been proven that Virgin has lead this customer [ and many more ] down the garden path to only find there are no flowers to be found at the bottom of a Virgin garden only weeds to trip you up..

A now disappointed and angry customer 

Dave..

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

My understanding was the minimum speed was 100meg so that streaming Uhd wouldn't slow down other people using the Internet 

the phone staff are still learning and some seem to make it up as they go along unfortunately 

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

...and we are told that live TV to V6 still uses the dedicated 10MB cable left behind from the previousTivo install, so your broadband speed is irrelevant until you start using apps. but even then 200 is a joke - netflix  needs only 5 for full HD, what's the other 195 going to be doing ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

25 for uhd if you have 2 boxes that is possibly 50meg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi davebonnie, 

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

Apologies to hear you were told you would need to upgrade to 200mb in order to have the V6 box. This isn't the case. 

The V6 box is only available to customers with a minimum speed of 100mb. As you're on 70mb, we wouldn't be able to put your order through. 

If you upgrade to 100mb then you'd actually pay £99.95 + £14.99 Activation fee for the V6 box. 

If you want the lower price of £49.95 + £14.99 Activation fee then you would need to be on the 200mb package. 

Hope this helps give you a better understanding of things. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos