Menu
RoyalStandard
Up to speed
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Multiple v6 Remotes with the same v6 TiVo box ?

(I know that the new v6 remote has to be paired with the v6 TiVo), but I haven't found any mention of multiple remotes ...
So, does anyone know if I can I pair and use more than one v6 remote concurrently with the same v6 TiVo box?
i.e. one remote for myself, and one for the wife

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Multiple v6 Remotes with the same v6 TiVo box ?

I think a few customers are surprised to receive a real live V6 remote with their installation, let alone 2! Smiley Wink

I'd expect it'll only listen to one at once (as it's RF rather than Bluetooth), but unless it's hidden in a cupboard, you could use a TiVo remote as the second controller.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
DominicP
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The supplied remote is RF and probably only one RF remote can be paired with a V6.

The V6 also has IR remote control, so will respond to any valid IR command from any IR remote as long as the V6 is not in an IR opaque location. The V6 responds to the same IR commands as the TiVO.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My wife and I do exactly that. One of us uses the new V6 paired remote and the other the old TiVo remote.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

My wife and I do exactly that. One of us uses the new V6 paired remote and the other the old TiVo remote.

So Ernie, both you and the wife control what is to be watched?

When is the divorce Smiley Happy

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well I use a new v6 remote and my wife uses an old v+ remote as she hates the tiny buttons on the new remotes and all she wants to do is channel surf

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

Ernie_C wrote:

So Ernie, both you and the wife control what is to be watched?

When is the divorce Smiley Happy

She's allowed to fast forward through adverts if I'm on here trying to respond to a post.😜

0 Kudos