Menu
Bob63
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Multiple recordings same show

Some progs i like to record, click on bbc news, are shown multiple times. Is it possible to record just one ofvyhese with series link and not every showing, i.e. 10 per week 

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Multiple recordings same show

Assume you want just the odd news programme in which case a manual recording is best. 

Home - my shows - manual recording

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bob63 wrote:

Some progs i like to record, click on bbc news, are shown multiple times. Is it possible to record just one ofvyhese with series link and not every showing, i.e. 10 per week 

The problem with Click is that the BBC provide no useful metadata so the recording schedule has no idea whether or not each showing is new or a repeat.

It is obvious that the BBC do not consider Click to be particularly important as it is often pushed off the schedule for something "more important". For that reason I prefer to have multiple recordings scheduled so that I have at least one available to watch. To keep things manageable I have the series link set to "Keep at most" 3 recordings.  That way I just forget about any housekeeping and I usually always end up with at least one I can watch.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Bob63
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Click is a technology show on bbc news but is shown multiple times  on sky it would only record the prog at the same time every week not every recording 

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bob63 wrote:

Click is a technology show on bbc news but is shown multiple times  on sky it would only record the prog at the same time every week not every recording 

Yes and if you want it to work the same as Sky, i.e. record once, then follow the advice above on setting up a manual recording but, as I said, the BBC consider it a disposable show so that single recording may, or may not, actually record Click or it may record whatever the BBC decided to show at that time. Therefore I use the method outlined above to try and ensure that I get an actual recording of Click.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Bob63
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's strange then how sky manage it! 

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bob63 wrote:

It's strange then how sky manage it! 

And to repeat, if you set up a manual recording it will record whichever one of the Click transmissions that you want to record, exactly as Sky does it.

The additional flexibility of series links is to cater for situations where the broadcaster moves the programme around and this would work even with Click if the BBC would supply the correct information.

But, as above, set up a manual programme which will work in the same manner as a Sky recording, e.g. for 12:30, Saturday, every Saturday, and it will faithfully record Click at 12:30, Saturday, except when the BBC decide to show something else at that time. Fortunately for me, it is likely that my series link will pick up one of the actual showings the BBC do transmit.

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos