Menu
Flystar
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Moderator please respond. V6 order urgent query

Hi. Last Saturday I ordered 2 V6 boxes under order number 36737109. They are due to be fitted on Wed 8th Feb but the order was not put through correctly on your system.

I spoke to Tom from your Swansea retentions at 10.05am on Saturday who advised that he was is emailing the manager of the lady who took my orders and I should get response within 3 days.

I've not heard anything and I'm a little concerned.

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moderator please respond. V6 order urgent query

vm staff can take about a week to reply here. if this is urgent you will need to call in to get a faster reply
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).

Flystar
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

That's a shame thanks folks. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Flystar, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. 

Did you manage to speak to the team regarding your order? if not and you still need assistance, pop a post back here and we're more than happy to check things out for you Smiley Happy

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Flystar
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Thanks for the reply moderator. I've now had the 2 V6 boxes fitted and boy what a difference.

lightning fast menu responses and better SD picture quality plus slightly better HD picture quality compared to TiVo boxes I had previously.

However, due to problems with current Superhub 3 I asked the engineer to leave my Superhub 2 (not the 2ac version) in situe until Virgin has updated the firmware to solve these issues. As a result I'm still only getting 25mbs download in peak times, 79mbs offpeak even though I'm paying for 200meg broadband. 

I have been told that when the issue with firmware is fixed I can ring up and Virgin will come out and install a Superhub 3 free of charge. Please could you confirm this as I have been sent a new contract to sign but it does not mention this. Also, when installing V6 boxes the engineer did not replace any cables. My cables to the box outside my house have not been changed since 1999. Please could you confirm this is correct as I'm wondering if the old cables are the reason my download speeds are so low?

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-Compal-CH7465-LG-TG2492LG-and-CGNV4-Latency...

0 Kudos
shawty1984
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I'm using the hub 3 and on 200Mb and have just done a speedtest on my phone so through WiFi and just hit 210Mb at 17:30 on a Saturday night. You sure it's not just an over utilisation issue rather than a hub 3 issue? 

0 Kudos
Flystar
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I don't have Superhub 3 is I didn't want to install it. I'm an avid online gamer and currently the Superhub 3 is not working when gaming online as keeps dropping connection and has high latency spikes. It's detailed in the 28 page post referenced above.

for general Internet browsing there isn't an issue but the Puma chipset used in the Superhub 3 is currently not working to spec.

0 Kudos
shawty1984
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I'm not saying you don't have a problem as you clearly do I was just pointing out that you mentioned speeds and I could achieve the full speed of 200Mb. For what it's worth, I've being playing Battlefield 1 online with the hub 3 and it's been fine. 

0 Kudos
Flystar
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your advice and yes you may be right but it's been like that for over a year and Virgin have refused to officially acknowledge it. I was going to leave because of this and due to the dire TiVo menu speeds but retentions promised things would be a lot better with V6 and Superhub 3.

I got offered a really good deal to stay and although I'm made up with the V6 boxes, when I stumbled across that forum post regards the gaming issues I didn want to risk it as although my download speeds are low, I can still play online. Battlefield 1 on PS4 is what I play most and I use a wired connection but read that the problems on Superhub 3 are apparent both wired and wireless. Do u use wired connection?

If it is over utilisation as I suspected, Superhub 3 would not solve this in any case would it?

Moderator, please could you check utilisation in my area ?

0 Kudos