Menu
poohbear
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Missed recordings

Sometimes i set a programme to record, but for some reason, the time changes or the programme starts late. Then i miss the recording. Is there a way to set a programme to record no matter what time it is shown?  Thank you

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Missed recordings

Unfortunately, there's not a way round this problem at the moment, if the change in schedule is known about early enough then the EPG will get updated (I believe it's currently updated every few hours) but if the change is last minute then the box has no way of knowing that the program has been delayed.

Only suggestion would be to use manual recording if you're recording something that's scheduled after an event that might overrun and to set plenty of extra time for the recording. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Only thing to do is to set a manual recording and set the recording to start early and finish late but it would be impossible to do that for lots of programmes. 

What exactly is happened no to your recordings?

0 Kudos
poohbear
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I am not sure i explained my problem right. Say for example, i set a programme to record at 9pm, but due to football (as an example) running late, my 9pm programme isn't shown till 10pm, well i have missed the recording.  at 9pm the football recorded and not the programme i wanted??

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Unfortunately, there's not a way round this problem at the moment, if the change in schedule is known about early enough then the EPG will get updated (I believe it's currently updated every few hours) but if the change is last minute then the box has no way of knowing that the program has been delayed.

Only suggestion would be to use manual recording if you're recording something that's scheduled after an event that might overrun and to set plenty of extra time for the recording. 

0 Kudos