Menu
DeeJayDee
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Misleading website

Hi

I currently have VIVID 150 and the Mix/M+ package.

I was interested in the v6 box, and so reading the website I see this

Installation: An engineer installation fee applies (starting from £40 for standard install).
Activation Fee: There is an activation fee of £14.99.

Which all seems fine. When I talked to an agent on line though, this has gone up to £65 for the install ( ok, it did say 'starting from' ) but the activation has gone up to £49!

So, the upgrade is £114. 

Now, I might be tight but £114 for the upgrade, coupled with the misleading information from Virgin, makes SkyQ a more likely destination.

It seems stupid to me to drive customers away with such pricing, and bait-and-switch tactics.

0 Kudos
connbob
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Misleading website

Hi!

I recommend you check out here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/TiVo-V6-Pricing-Explained/td-p/3281148

Personally, I spoke to Customer Retentions, as my contract was coming to an end, however, we had some issues with our TiVo and it was very slow, and they did a very good deal.

The pricing is strangely laid out, however, do remember the product is only a few days old.

------------------------
Regards, Conn
(I do not work for VM, just like to help the community out, so I may be wrong Smiley Happy)

Homeworks + 300mbps, TiVo V6 Box, Talk Anytime
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

connbob wrote:

Hi!

I recommend you check out here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/TiVo-V6-Pricing-Explained/td-p/3281148

Personally, I spoke to Customer Retentions, as my contract was coming to an end, however, we had some issues with our TiVo and it was very slow, You're not the only one with this issue and they did a very good deal.

The pricing is strangely laid out Indeed - it's see how much we can get out of the next sucker, however, do remember the product is only a few days old.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

gary_dexter wrote:

connbob wrote:

Hi!

Personally, I spoke to Customer Retentions, as my contract was coming to an end, however, we had some issues with our TiVo and it was very slow, You're not the only one with this issue and they did a very good deal.

The pricing is strangely laid out Indeed - it's see how much we can get out of the next sucker, however, do remember the product is only a few days old.

There is nothing wrong with putting forward a different point of view to that of another poster but editing their words to suit your views is beneath contempt.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No words were edited.

I merely added my opinion to their points

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

gary_dexter wrote:

No words were edited.

I merely added my opinion to their points

And there is a widely understood format for doing so in a manner that is clear to other readers who is saying what.  You, deliberately I suspect, amended the original post in such a way to make it seem that your comments belonged to the original poster.

At least have the courage of your opinions rather than behaving in such an underhand manner.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
connbob
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just to point out, I had issues with the box (namely corrupted HDD) AND it was very slow. I know plenty of people who have slow TiVo boxes, and know I am not the only one with the slowness issue.
------------------------
Regards, Conn
(I do not work for VM, just like to help the community out, so I may be wrong Smiley Happy)

Homeworks + 300mbps, TiVo V6 Box, Talk Anytime
0 Kudos