Menu
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 1 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Mine is on its way

I was as assuming that I might just sit back and watch how others get on but I have just been made an offer I couldn't refuse.

I had registered an interest a while back and I just got a phone call. I have been offered a V6, at no cost, and it comes with a reduction in my monthly bill.

I currently have two Tivos and I will keep one and get a V6. Not surprisingly, knowing VM's billing system, it caused the girl some problems and I might be notified that my bill is going up £5 but, she assured me, it is a known error and that should be fixed.

Installation at the beginning of January. To be honest I would rather wait. She said that they were installing right up to Christmas Eve. I wouldn't thank you for that.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
brantome
Dialled in
Message 2 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mine is on its way

Me too Smiley Very Happy
Wonder if the remaining 698 lucky customers will post here too. First 'prize' I've won since a £10 school raffle 50 years ago!
0 Kudos
jbsco
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 95
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

I was as assuming that I might just sit back and watch how others get on but I have just been made an offer I couldn't refuse.

I had registered an interest a while back and I just got a phone call. I have been offered a V6, at no cost, and it comes with a reduction in my monthly bill.

I currently have two Tivos and I will keep one and get a V6. Not surprisingly, knowing VM's billing system, it caused the girl some problems and I might be notified that my bill is going up £5 but, she assured me, it is a known error and that should be fixed.

Installation at the beginning of January. To be honest I would rather wait. She said that they were installing right up to Christmas Eve. I wouldn't thank you for that.

VM are calling those who are at the end of their contract interested in a V6. Presumably so they don't go to rivals.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 95
Flag for a moderator

jbsco wrote:VM are calling those who are at the end of their contract interested in a V6. Presumably so they don't go to rivals.

Couple of other points worth noting. The young lady who called me emphasised, twice, that my current contract wasn't affected.

Also, one point she definitely wanted to clarify was whether my hub was near the Tivo. I have an SH2 which is in a different room but I have ethernet cables around the house with switches in different rooms and one is next to the Tivo to be replaced.

Does anyone know whether the V6 needs an SH3 or will the SH2 do?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 95
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

I seem to recall the press release said it was optimised for SH3, but tbh I expect that to be a wireless requirement rather than wired.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 95
Flag for a moderator

I see no reason why it has to even be Virgin Media broadband.

I initially connected my V6 via wifi and, at the appropriate stage during setup, you are presented with a list of SSIDs to choose for connection. Had I known all of my neighbours' passwords, I could have used their wifi to connect V6.

0 Kudos
Constable21
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 95
Flag for a moderator

I had a phone call this afternoon, and mine's being installed next week. Moving the TiVo upstairs and taking the V+ away. I've been out of contract for a long while. Have to say I've been fed up with the slowness of the TiVo since that last update, and been toying with jumping ship to the Q box, so interesting to see if this is enough to keep me loyal.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 8 of 95
Flag for a moderator

PrinterElf wrote:

frank_gm wrote:

I seem to recall the press release said it was optimised for SH3, but tbh I expect that to be a wireless requirement rather than wired.

Thanks for that, I always prefer wired so that would be my default choice.

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
dodgem21
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Excellent news hope you are happy with it and I hope I can get my hands on one soon to.

0 Kudos
cruising
Superfast
Message 10 of 95
Flag for a moderator

VM installation on Christmas Eve + New untried product (V6) is a recipe that means only one thing. 

Total disaster.

Evidence....VM track record and community postings on the V6 to date.

No thanks.