Menu
tierix
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Menus freezes

Hi All,

Anyone else has had issues with frozen menus on the v6? It was installed today in my house, worked for about 10minutes and now whether I use the "Guide" or the "Home" button menus, it freezes on main screen (Guide or Home) and nothing happens when I press any buttons on the remote for a few minutes before it actually "wakes up". 

Just wondered if I was the only one with this issue or if it was a known-issue before I call the Customer service. 

Thnx

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Menus freezes

Hi tierix, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you're having an issue with the menus on your V6 box. 

Usually it can take a day for everything to be set up and working in order however I haven't had reports about his before now. 

Try rebooting the box to see if this helps. 

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tierix
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

THanks but it didn't work. When I reboot, it works fine for a few minutes but if I use the menus again for a longer time than just seconds, it freezes. 

0 Kudos
neilz
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tierix,

We've had a couple of these freezes where a full box restart was required to get the box working again. Or it's crashed when waking from sleep so nothing displays on the tv until rebooted.

I think I seen someone else having issues on a thread here somewhere and a software fix is being worked on.

We've got an engineer coming out to check our signals and box is performing ok at the weekend. As replacing ours in our case is not much point if it's a software problem.

0 Kudos
tierix
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Rebooting means just unplug the power cord and plug it again, is that correct? 

0 Kudos
neilz
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes that's right, there is a on/off switch on the back of the box which is easier.
kcin88
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

same problem for me.  How much longer is the update going to take.  Makes the service unusable.

0 Kudos