Menu
tsbh1082
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Masters golf red button content not available

Sky Sports 4 red button should be showing extra Masters golf coverage (on the range, Amen corner, featured groups). I am not seeing that content. I have a V6 box, and don't know if the problem relates to all Virgin TV. (I know Sky has 'on the range' content because I can see it on the sky sports app.) I get the following error when on V6 channel 504 and press the red button:

HTTP Status 404 - /prodcontent/tivoextra/app7/sportsapp.html

Description: The requested resource is not available  

0 Kudos
ak12345
Joining in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Masters golf red button content not available

Exactly the same
0 Kudos
13Handicap
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I called the help line at 13:33 and after the usual suggestions to send a signal and ask me to reboot the box, when those attempts failed I called again and tried to escalate the problem. The best they could offer was the fault had been logged and a fix expected within 24 hours.

Something similar happens every time I try to watch red button content on Sky Sports, which is not often but the featured Masters coverage is one such event. The techie suggested that there is probably a problem with content being passed from Sky Sports' server. I expect that the switch is automatic and if there is a problem nobody is checking, so until people call in and complain they have no inkling there is an issue. Let's make a concerted effort and badger the help desk until somebody actually does something.

DSI
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Does anything EVER work on Virgin?  Serious question.  Another day - another fault.  

13Handicap
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

VM Broadband works brilliantly! Unfortunately peripheral stuff like re-broadcasting other suppliers content is not priority. The answer in this case is to go back to subscribing to Sky Sports direct.

0 Kudos
tsbh1082
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

On the Virgin Media Service Status page I can see they are a 'fix estimate' of 6 April 22:10. The full text of the service status update is:

"You might find that you are not able to watch Sky Sports on your Virgin Media TIVO via the red button. Our engineer is working to fix the problem. Fix estimate 06 April 22:10."

0 Kudos
13Handicap
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I was on the phone complaining to the help line when this last thread came through and is consistent with what the guy told me over the phone. He says it is unlikely that anything will happen before 22:00. So thanks Virgin Media, while Sky subscribers are enjoying the best, pure golf coverage of the year without commercials and corporate hype, your customers get to watch re-runs of last night's wash out, two in 24 hours then!

0 Kudos
DSI
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

By 'peripheral stuff'  are you including the phone service and tv too?  Because in my limited (7 weeks) experience, these are shockingly unreliabke (not just sky premium channels).

0 Kudos
Ddene
Settling in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here! So angry! First rang and a lad had me on the phone checking my connectivity and talking like it was a problem with my box! I then googled virgin red button problems and came across this chat page to see that your all having the same problem!
They say it will be fixed by 10pm but i bet u now thats when the interactive courage finishes!!!! This best not happen all weekend! Furious!!!!!
0 Kudos
Ddene
Settling in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Its working!!!!!!
0 Kudos