Menu
NewtonGauss
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Manual Recording

A newbie question - how do I record a particular TV channel by specifying the recording start and end times?

AlexB

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Manual Recording

Home > my shows & recordings> manual recording

All Replies
Doudar
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Go to the V6 TV guide, select the program you want to record and press the record button on the remote, you can also set up a series link if you want. 

JohnD
Strangely strange but oddly normal.
0 Kudos
NewtonGauss
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for trying to help but you misunderstood my question.

Let me give you an example. At the moment Sky Sports have extensive live coverage of the Masters tennis event at Indian Wells. If there is a match of particular interest to me, starting say at 3:00 am UK time, how do I record the coverage from 3:00 am to say 7:00 am?

AlexB

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Home > my shows & recordings> manual recording
NewtonGauss
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham,

That was what I was looking for! Many thanks.

AlexB

0 Kudos
JazHaz
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My wife hates the news but I want to record the weather forecasts daily. BBC weather forecasts have the most details for the UK, but they are included in all the bulletins.

So I have set up a manual recording to record fifteen minutes between 06.50 and 07.05 every day on channel 101 (would prefer HD but I know they don't broadcast everything in HD).

My first idea was to record the weather forecast that is broadcast during BBC News at Ten. However after setting it up I realised they don't broadcast the news at the same times at weekends.

I now have two manual recordings set up as above.

The problem is, I cannot work out how to delete all of the News at Ten manual recordings!!

I can delete them one by one but I may have to do that forever! Is there a way around this?

HELP?!!

I tried downloading the v6 manual but that was no help at all.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The manual recording should show up in Manage Series Links, the same as any other recurring recording.

Deleting the entry from Series Links should cancel any future recordings, again just as it would for any other Series Link.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos