Menu
Mdeeney
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Loyalty

So after being with virgin for a few years now I've currently found myself being forced to go to another provider due to the lack of loyalty towards existing customers.

A new customer can get a v6 box for an initial fee of £15, yet upon my phone call with the billing department they tell me they want £115 fee from an existing customer. That's without even looking into the monthly costs.

0 Kudos
JamieMA
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loyalty

Ring retentions. Moan. Get better deal.

Then leave if that doesn't work.
0 Kudos
Mdeeney
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have rang retentions they do not seem interested in keeping my custom, won't even match a deal that a new customer can get although you would expect and existing customer to get aloyalty discount also.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How much did you pay for your TiVo when you joined?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Mdeeney
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've never paid any advance fees or setup fees. My monthly price was around £40 pm originally but has gradually crept up to around £75.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So that suggests you have already benefited from offers. Loyally is a two way thing, isn't it.
jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

sky do the same too. cheap price for new customers then things go up. like it or not it is a business model that works well across different types of services not just telecommunications.
dipster
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So today I decided to try reduce my bill cost and have my 2 boxes changed to the new v6 ones

Current package 200mb broadband, all channels plus Sports movies, asian channels, evening only free calls plus hd after all past promotions price has now reverted to £125 approx.

After seeing online that i could get the same package as a new customer for £85/month for first 12 months there after £120/m with Talk more anymore + £14.99 activation fee, and £100 Amazon, JL M&S voucher

I thought at trying my luck at getting a better deal

So for the same package being advertised for an existing customer (not clearly that this is for new customers only) was £96 (£11 more/month) plus installation fee of £64.95.

I did request them that happy to do a self install as all cabling is available so dont really need an engineer around to disconnect and connect a device, as there is not much more than a power cable, coax / cable connection, and hdmi to tv and maybe ethernet, all of which is straight forward to connect. but they said as i'm going for 2 devices they will need to send some one round to do this, if it was one then a self install would have been possible.

Eventually he reduced the install price to £14.99.

But still this is £11/month more for an existing customer, so over the year this is an extra £132 ohh and new customers get rewarded with an extra £100 voucher. So in total minusing any marketing cost for new customers, there is a difference of £232 for being a new customer. And i just did a seach via Quidco i would get rewarded a further £125 if i just clicked through them. so now the total is £357.

So what is the term loyalty for existing customers, how is this earnt?

I did ask what could define a new customer if i left, response was 3 months from leaving and returning. (question, is it worth the hassle of leaving and rejoining for a saving of £357, could you find alternative services for 3 month period) Is it best to switch between the providers Sky and Virgin. How loyal do you be to the providers given they dont seem to offer loyalty offers.

Once i get my new bill would be keen to see how the itemised bill shows up each of these line items and if its clear.

0 Kudos