Menu
jgordon99
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Loss of discount if V6 ordered on certain packages

I've read a couple of posts which seem to suggest that if you phone up and order a new V6 box, you basically lose existing discounts you may be receiving as part of your package. I recently signed up to VM on the Full House package with Sky Cinema thrown in, weekend calls and the VIVID 200 optical fibre, all for £58.50 for 12 months.

Does anyone know if this is true, in that VM will hike up my price if i want the new box because i'm already on a discounted package?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
stut4
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 49
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Loss of discount if V6 ordered on certain packages

i'm trying to find this out now.

i was offered a good deal by retentions as i was due to have sky q installed this week. trying to get the v6 hub ordered and price confirmed before i'm out of the cooling off period and cancel the sky installation. will update this thread shortly.

0 Kudos
stut4
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 49
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

i've just called the number 0800 052 8310  which is in this thread - http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/V6-box-ordering-goes-live-now/td-p/3274998 -  very helpful chap. he confirmed that the price i have on my existing deal will remain the same, and i only need to pay the £49.95+14.99 fee. i would only pay more if i decide to keep my existing tivo box - a second monthly rental for that box.. put my mind at rest.. most definately the best people to speak with Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

All Replies
stut4
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 49
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

i'm trying to find this out now.

i was offered a good deal by retentions as i was due to have sky q installed this week. trying to get the v6 hub ordered and price confirmed before i'm out of the cooling off period and cancel the sky installation. will update this thread shortly.

0 Kudos
stut4
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 49
Flag for a moderator

they've just told me i'd lose the special price i'd agreed to yesterday with retentions (who phoned me) after i gave notice to leave. my price will move than double adding the V6 box. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 49
Flag for a moderator

I was specifically told that it would not put me on a new contract and I was also told that my bill would reduce. Something to do with one of my Tivos being replaced by the V6.

I was also told that the paperwork would be sent out. Still waiting.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
jgordon99
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 49
Flag for a moderator

So are they basically saying if you have a special discounted package then there is no way of getting the new V6 box without agreeing to increase monthly payments EVEN THOUGH we have to pay for the new box anyway. Very unfair!!

0 Kudos
reaper0374
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Yup, it's true.

Called this morning and was told I could order the V6 box, but in doing so it would mean I would lose my discount. Was going to increase my bill by £11 a month, on top of the £50 price for the new box.

Less than impressed I have to say. I've been looking forward to the new box for ages, as hopefully it would be much faster than the existing one. However, I refuse to be unceremoniously shafted just to get one.

stut4
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 49
Flag for a moderator

i've just had a moan at them - as i only signed up to a new package yesterday - have sky q installation booked for thursday (which i had booked last week) - so wanted to know i could get the v6 box before my cooling off period expires.

my new contract from yesterday didnt show on their system, but she checked and confirmed that my figure agreed yesterday will not change, but i do have to pay £49.95 for the box, plus £14.99 postage/activation! and then they cut the chat off before i could print screen the conversation.... 

very unhappy with them and now concerned they'll shaft me on the next bill as i don't have the chat proof that my original price won't change - and then i'll be outside the cooling off period of the new contract...

sky bent over backwards to offer me a decent package - just feels like virgin don't have a clue what they could offer.

new box meant to be here late January..

0 Kudos
jgordon99
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 49
Flag for a moderator

@stut4 that's what is concerning me. I don't want to find I get told one thing and then find my bill jumps up. We need official clarification on this before i start phoning up to upgrade my box as i've only been with VM for under a couple of weeks.
0 Kudos
stut4
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 49
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

i've just called the number 0800 052 8310  which is in this thread - http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/V6-box-ordering-goes-live-now/td-p/3274998 -  very helpful chap. he confirmed that the price i have on my existing deal will remain the same, and i only need to pay the £49.95+14.99 fee. i would only pay more if i decide to keep my existing tivo box - a second monthly rental for that box.. put my mind at rest.. most definately the best people to speak with Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
stut4
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 49
Flag for a moderator

now after 2 hours of trying to get it sorted, i can cancel the sky install and do some work.

0 Kudos