1. Most customers have the box set to stretch the image to fill the the screen, it makes sense having the most common setup as the default. That's true, but do they? How do you know? Why would anyone want to distort the image merely to fill the screen?
2. Why would you expect to keep the old tivo without paying for a multi room package? I don't know what a multi-room package is - I thought I kept the old box
3. It's pretty obvious that if a box gets taken away the recordings on it go with it. No, that's not obvious. I didn't know the old box would be taken away and even if I had known, I'd have expected my recordings to have been transferred somehow by the engineer. If you install a new computer, do you throw the old one away together with all your files?
4. Ethernet always has and always will be the best method of connecting over WiFi. Nothing new there. I know that. But I didn't know the box needs the cable and an internet connection.
I guess nobody told you as it's assumed you would know. Yup, nobody told me - you've clearly understood my complaint.
2. the old box is the property of virgin. it isn't yours to keep once it is replaced. as jb66 says, you would have had to have paid extra for a multi room package. 3. it would take hours to transfer over recordings to a new box, assuming they could. neither bt sky or virgin do this anyway.
OK, thank you everyone. I can only repeat, I thought I'd keep the tivo box, I didn't know it wasn't mine, so I suppose if I'd thought about it, the fact that it may take hours to transfer recordings wouldn't have mattered.
Virgin, take note. Please ensure that you tell existing customers that they'll lose all their recordings when they switch. Apart from that, everything works well, thank you.
PS, one final question if I may, purely for my own idle curiosity - why does the V6 box need to be connected to the hub?
DO NOT believe the *********** that customer services tell you (ME) that the new V6S box once fitted can have the contents (FILMS ETC.,) transferred.....
I have taken a days leave to find out he hard way - IT CAN'T and to Hiss me of even more - VM will NOT issue a refund /reduction etc., on my bill through THEIR error
WHAT A SHOWER - what is the point of "customer services ??" the job title is a joke and the service is a disgrace - the only good thing is the engineer was sound as a pound and was also going to feed on my com