Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 12 (1,484 Views)

Loading Channels stuck at 16%

Hi all,

We moved to a new house and had Virgin installed which at the same time they they upgraded to the  super hub 3 and V6 Tivo.

When he did the Tivo, it got stuck at at 16% when loading channels. He rebooted a couple of times and it did exactly the same thing. He phoned up a colleague and they said they had it before on an LG tv and the solution was to start up without the HDMI plugged in, then plug it in after a few minutes when it had fully booted. Sure enough this worked although I have a Panasonic Vierra plasma TV. He let his colleague know the issue also affected these TVs.

To me, this sounds like a software bug. Is there any timescales on a fix?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12 (1,443 Views)

Re: Loading Channels stuck at 16%

Hi Fruitbat04,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community and even better to hear you've decided to upgrade to our new V6 box. 

This bug is something we are aware of and are currently working hard to get a permanent fix in place. In the meantime, keep using the work around.

Once we have any further information on this, we'll let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 3 of 12 (1,433 Views)

Had this myself after install. Your TiVo code 500 is missing. Same bob a job installation cowboy like we had. In a rush to move on...

Call 150 and go through to TV faults.

Tell them the error and get them to check the codes.

They will input, restart and all will be good.

Bug Workaround my backside, had this so know it is a simple fix.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 12 (1,377 Views)

OK thanks. What is the code 500 out of interest?

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12 (1,182 Views)

I had the same issue today and the rebooting without the HDMI plugged in worked. Mine is a Sony TV so this isn't restricted to any one brand.

For some reason a recorded programme always stopped at the same point everytime and the V6 restarted and stuck at 16%. I'm shocked at how unstable this box is!
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12 (1,026 Views)

Same problem here. Power cycle on the V6 without unplugging anything seems to work. No issue on the old-style tivo in a separate room. Will try phoning up when it happens next.

Fruitbat04 wrote:

Hi all,

We moved to a new house and had Virgin installed which at the same time they they upgraded to the  super hub 3 and V6 Tivo.

When he did the Tivo, it got stuck at at 16% when loading channels. He rebooted a couple of times and it did exactly the same thing. He phoned up a colleague and they said they had it before on an LG tv and the solution was to start up without the HDMI plugged in, then plug it in after a few minutes when it had fully booted. Sure enough this worked although I have a Panasonic Vierra plasma TV. He let his colleague know the issue also affected these TVs.

To me, this sounds like a software bug. Is there any timescales on a fix?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 12 (980 Views)

I have exactly the same issue with my Sony bravia. My main box works fine with my Panasonic veira.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 12 (964 Views)

Been without virgin tv for two days now. Brand new Sony TV and an older LG one. No engineers available for another week.

Really disappointed with the V6 and virgins level of service in trying to resolve this issue. Basically mean I am paying £85 a month for internet currently, virgin not even offering to recompense me for the lack of service.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 12 (946 Views)

So have virgin come up with a fix for this? I'm now onto day 4 of no TV with the channel loading stuck on 16%

The cable workaround doesn't work for me
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 12 (937 Views)

Just came back after a while to check myself as it still does it every time I power on from scratch so obviously they haven't put out an update yet.

I'm sure you've tried this, but you have to leave it to totally boot before you put the cable back in e.g. unplug power cable (don't just use the button), unplug the HDMI, plug in power, leave for 5 minutes then plug in HDMI.

0 Kudos