Menu
appleman
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Live Pause

Had the V6 installed the week before Christmas and apart from a faulty remote I have been very impressed with it so far. 

Has anyone managed to pause live tv in one room and pick it up again in another? I have my old TiVo upstairs connected through powerline. When I select the programme in My Shows upstairs it doesn't offer the option to resume where I left off as it records the buffer too. Virgin offer conflicting advice in their guide...

0 Kudos
appleman
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Live Pause

With the V6 box you can start watching a show on TV downstairs, press pause, and pick up where you left off in another room, on another box.

First you’ll need to connect both your Virgin TV V6 box and your other TiVo® box to your Virgin Media Hub. For your Virgin TV V6 box you can do this via Ethernet, WiFi or Powerline. For a TiVo® box you can do this using Ethernet or Powerline.

1. Watching a show on live TV? Press the Record button. This will let you pick up the action when you stream the recording in another room. Watching something on demand, like a Box Set, movie or show on Catch Up? Press Stop.

2. Get yourself comfy in the new room, then grab your remote and select My Shows. Scroll down to the end and you’ll see the name(s) of Virgin TV boxes you have connected together.

3. Select the Virgin TV box you were using. Press OK.

4. Then choose the show you want to watch and press OK.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You've pressed Record first, and not just Pause?

The boxes can only see recordings from each other, so if it's not a recording you'll never find it.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
appleman
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes I pressed record so the programme shows up in My Shows, but it does not work as expected. 

If I've watched a programme from the start downstairs and press record 50 mins in it will record the whole programme. Moving upstairs to pick up where I left off the only option is to start at the beginning of the recording and fast forward to the place I was at. 

Sky Q works differently and this is how I expected the V6 to work but it doesn't unless I'm doing something wrong. 

https://youtu.be/PD3fe_h-92A

0 Kudos
derekc
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem. My Livingroom box is connected to the Hub using Ethernet and the Kitchen box by WiFi with a good strong signal. I have both boxes set to the 5 Ghz wifi. The 'guff' in all the advertising says pause the recording and pickup on the other box where you left off. This just doesn't work. You have to start at the beginning of the recorded show and fast forward to the point you paused on the first box. Am I missing something????
0 Kudos