Menu
chasteven
Joining in
Message 1 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Lip Sync issues

On some recordings there are Lip Sync issues.The BBC 4 programme Bob Monkhouse -The Last Stand being an example.It is no different when played through the TV or the home cinema.Watching all programmes at time ot transmission is fine.Any ideas what is causing this and how it can be corrected?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lip Sync issues

Hi chasteven, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to here you are having an issue with the lip sync. 

As this is happening when connecting from the TV to the box with no Home Cinema equipment, I would like to get an engineer out to you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
rupertexists
Joining in
Message 3 of 39
Flag for a moderator

I am also have lip sync problems with recordings on my new v6 box - was there a solution?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi rupertexists, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with the lip sync. 

You've mentioned it's happened on recordings but have you noticed this happening on On Demand / Catch Up content? Or live TV? 

Are you using any sound equipment? 

Come back and let us know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sidsewell
Dialled in
Message 5 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi, we are also experiencing lip sync issues on recorded shows with both our V6 boxes,

Last night we noticed that this happened on live TV (ITV) as well.

we have no intermediate audio equipment connected to either.

I can confirm that this did not happen with our original TIVO boxes.

Thanks/Sid

0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 6 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys

Did anyone find a fix for lip sync issues?  I also have the issue on recorded programmes (HDMI direct from V6 to TV).  Recorded shows includes Serieslink+ - not sure if that is classed as a recording, catch up or on demand...

Cheers

D

0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 7 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Team - just chasing up to see if anyone found a resolution for the lip sync issue?  I've chased @Kath_F for an update, but this seems to have dropped off the radar.

If anyone has found a fix, please let me know.

Cheers

D

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi studio_54,

I'm sorry that you haven't received an update on this. I've been in touch with our technicians and want to let you know that this is still being investigated. We will be back in touch with you as soon as we have more information about this issue.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 9 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri_P

Thanks for the update on this thread, but I have to say I've gone passed 'frustrated'  and 'really not impressed' to 'I wonder if it's true'!

On the face of it, looking at various posts, comments and replies there does appear to be lots of activity going on in the background at VM tech support.  But then when you start look at them in detail, and follow the history and time lines, patterns start to appear.

So far I've been told that there are problems with my signal strength and an engineer visit is required, only to be told that it's a known problem and there's nothing wrong with my signal.  I've seen that other people have had calls from Customer Services to check if issues have been resolved (following posts on here). 

I keep being told the issue is being investigated.  I am not convinced that it is.  Given the number of people posting or commenting about it, and given that engineers say it's a known issue, when can we expect VM to provide a date it will be resolved?

If it can't be resolved, then I'm pretty sure that VM would save more credibility by acknowledging the issue rather than saying it's still under investigation.

D

0 Kudos
Sguest
Joining in
Message 10 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Switched from Sky to virgin on Friday and keep having lip sync issues. Have looked at settingsome on my TV but never had a problem through Sky box so must be to do with the V6 box.

Had the same issue with the V6 box in the bedroom but setting to dolby PCM fixed it. However didn't fix it on the living room box. Really frustrating, starting to wish we were still with sky!

Has anyone received a fix that works for this issue yet?

0 Kudos