Menu
JohnWB
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Latest V6firmware update

Does anyone know when the V6 firmware was last updated and what were the changes.

Is it the same firmware as the TIVO's ?

0 Kudos
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latest V6firmware update

It a totally different hardware platform so the firmware will not be the same in any way. The actual display and interface to the user including the remote is essentially the same. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tudor wrote:

It a totally different hardware platform so the firmware will not be the same in any way. The actual display and interface to the user including the remote is essentially the same. 

I think that we have to be careful about the terminology here. Yes, firmware is normally defined as the interface between the OS and the hardware and, since the hardware is different between the Cisco Tivo, the Samsung Tivo and the V6 then the "firmware", as normally defined, will be different while the Tivo OS is basically the same across all there platforms.

However, I have regularly seen the word firmware used on these forums by many, including the Forum team, to describe the entire software package. Indeed the Software Version under System Info on all three boxes contains both Tivo OS and firmware. Is the Tivo OS different across all three platforms? I would suggest that it is basically the same for the V6 as for the other two Tivos.

Therefore the OP's question may simply refer to the latest version of the OS. My V6 Software Version  is 20.5.8.RC12-VMB-11-C68.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

Tudor wrote:

I think that we have to be careful about the terminology here. Yes, firmware is normally defined as the interface between the OS and the hardware and, since the hardware is different between the Cisco Tivo, the Samsung Tivo and the V6 then the "firmware", as normally defined, will be different while the Tivo OS is basically the same across all there platforms.

However, I have regularly seen the word firmware used on these forums by many, including the Forum team, to describe the entire software package. Indeed the Software Version under System Info on all three boxes contains both Tivo OS and firmware. Is the Tivo OS different across all three platforms? I would suggest that it is basically the same for the V6 as for the other two Tivos.

Therefore the OP's question may simply refer to the latest version of the OS. My V6 Software Version  is 20.5.8.RC12-VMB-11-C68.

My V6 ALSO has the same software version as yours. 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All V6s were updated to RC12 from RC8 at the beginning of December.