Menu
tonyhughes
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

LIP SYNC ISSUES

I have a Samsung JU7500 tv and Samsung HW-J6000  soundbar  and newly installed TiVo v6 box. BBC I-player and amazon prime have lip sync issues. I have got TiVo hdmi to tv and TiVo optical to soundbar. Tried changing this to TiVo hdmi to Tv and soundbar optical to Tv. Have also tried audio delay setting on TVs to no effect. Any suggestions pleas.

0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: LIP SYNC ISSUES

Hey mate, have you had any luck resolving this issue?  There's a whole bunch of us with lip sync issues using a variety of tv manufacturers...  @kath_f is due to update me via my posts...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about the issue experienced with your service tonyhughes,

Have you tried bypassing the soundbar recently to see if this is resolved via a direct connection?

If you're still experiencing trouble with this, does the audio re-sync post-reboot?

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
tonyhughes
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I now have V6 to TV via HDMI and soundbar to TV via optical. I then re-booted whole system. Lip sync is still an issue but mainly programmes recorded in HD. Also unable to watch blacklist in HD or Grand tour on Amazon Prime. Blacklist is fine if not in HD. Very frustrating. My TV is a Samsung UHD, was wondering if the upscaling would cause this issue. 

0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat_J

Any chance you could take the lead to tie up all of the V6 lip sync threads there are at the moment?  I notice you've asked the same questions that other Forum Team members have done before, yet we are no further forward in finding a solution.

You'll see from my posts I'm awaiting an update, having provided all the information requested and having had an engineer out.   It would be great if you could let us know what's being done, or if nothing at the moment, then just tell us so we don't waste any more time...

Cheers

D

0 Kudos
tonyhughes
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No updates unfortunately at the moment other personal issues have taken over events. Will have to come back to this when time permits.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for updating tonyhughes,

Hope all is okay. Get back to us when suitable. Smiley Happy

Have you tried changing the V6 sound settings to the alternative option than what is currently selected when connected directly via HDMI?

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi studio_54,

This was indeed a known issue via the V6, however, the ticket has since been removed from our list. We are therefore now treating further trouble experienced on an individual basis.

Are you still experiencing issues with this since posting?

Speak soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Nat_J

As per previous threads - yes, still have problem!

Can you let us know what the fix was that allowed the ticket to be closed so we can all benefit from the solution?

If it hasn't been fixed, do you really need us all to tell VM yet again that the issue is on going, especially given all the posts / threads raising the issue as well as VM engineers advising that this is a known issue?

Please tell us what we need to do to get the problem fixed (especially those of us who connect their V6 directly to a TV).  That would be really helpful.

Thanks

D

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding D,

I've not been able to find a reason behind this seemingly being a fixed issue. However, I have flagged this over to another team for a response in regards to this particular fault, querying if this is still a known issue, despite not being listed anymore.

I'll be sure to update the thread with my findings.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos