Menu
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Issues streaming recordings from V6 to TV anywhere

Received my free V6 upgrade on Monday.  When I stream recordings to Android tablet (v4.2.2)  programme shudders, even if paused to allow for buffering.

Streaming live broadcasts is fine. 

V6 is connected to hub via Ethernet cable. 

TV Anywhere app has been updated on tablet.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues streaming recordings from V6 to TV anywhere

Update - finally got through to VM, who advised there's an issue with my broadband hub signal strength being too high and an engineer needs to attend (this is after an engineer was out two weeks ago to fix it...)

hmmmmmmnnnnnn!

0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

VM sent an engineer out yesterday (first install Monday, this visit Friday) who replaced the box, and now I can't even stream.

I've just spent an hour on the phone to CS (okay, about 10 mins talking to three very nice people around the globe and the rest listening to that awful 'hold muzak).  The V6 support chap I spoke to was able to replicate the issues I was having and got the same error message and said he has to raise a ticket with IT as there's an issue with my account.  He wasn't able to just wipe my VM.com login details so I could start again... 

He's never seen the problem before (which is plausible given how new the general service provision is).  I completely accept that everyone is learning about the V6 as it's so new.  However like everyone else experiencing issues with the V6, I don't accept being told "no service can every be 100%".  One or two customers with teething problems is understandable, but wide scale issues which engineers and support techs haven't been trained to fix - seems to me like senior management need to complete their ITIL Service Management training.

I suggest anyone with any issues call CS, raise a ticket asking it to be escalated to the V6 IT team.

I'll let you know how I get on if they can resolve!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi studio_54,

Thanks for your post and for keeping it updated too. 

I'm really sorry to hear you've been having an issue streaming from TV Anywhere since upgrading to the V6 box. 

I haven't seen any issue like this so would be super interested to find out any information the IT Team come back to you with Smiley Happy 

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F

I've just sent a longer reply to your reponse regarding V6 and table issues.  I've got a lot of feedback it would be helpful to share with someone directly - how do I DM you to provide you with my contact details?

Thanks

D

0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Kath_F -

I'm still waiting for IT or anyone from VM to get back to me with any kind of update - ticket was raised last Friday with the V6 support team...  You know from other comments and posts that the frustration is being felt not just by me but many customers...

D

0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Update - 15 Dec at 18h00

Just spent 30 mins on phone to CS to be told the ticket I raised end of last week had been closed.  Apparently, there was an issue last weekend which 'resolved itself' and so it was deemed my issue had been fixed.  Without confirming with me.  My issue hasn't been fixed.

CS finally allowed me to speak with second line support having gone to great lengths to tell me I'd get no further information about what issue had fixed itself.  It seems it's standard practice for the TVA developers to close tickets without confirming the fix has worked (although in this case none was put in place) and then for someone to call back, maybe, at some point...

When I phoned this evening the automated system acknowledged I had an issue outstanding and would provide me with an updated - so my ticket wasn't closed...   it seems the run around has been attempted...

I've now been told I'll have to wait up to five more days for someone to look at the issue and get back to me. 

What kind of customer service is this?  I didn't even request the V6 box - VM  phoned and offered it to me.  The whole experience has just been terrible.

Can someone who is able to make a difference please message me to arrange a phone call to discuss feedback?

Thanks

D

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi studio_54, 

Thanks for your update here. 

Looking at the account I can see the reference for the ticket raised is: P007665013.

It looks as though this was closed due to an open TV Anywhere fault with the same symptoms as what was described for your fault. Once this was resolved, your IT Ticket was indeed closed. 

Usually IT tickets can take up to 10 days to be worked depending on their queue. 

Once looked at the team will be in touch. Yours has been re-opened today and bounced back to the team and they will give you a call if they need more information from you. If they don't then you'll be called to check if things are working once a fix is put in place. 

If you haven't heard back within 10 days let us know and we can chase IT from that point. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Kath_F

Emmmmmmmmmm.....

So:

• Customer raises a ticke
  • Customer Services advise someone will be in touch within five days
  • Customer then calls for an update to be told
    • original ticket has been closed because VM assume issue has been fixed
    • VM hasn't confirmed issue has been fixed with customer
    • Customer has not heard anything at all from VM but is told this is acceptable
  • Customer Service advise ticket will be reopened, and now customer should wait up to a further ten days before chasing IT for an update

Please can you explain

1. how this is an example of best practice for providing a technical service
  2. how you justify an SLA being extended from five days to a further ten days, in effect totally 15 days from the ticket being raised as any kind of acceptable timeframe to fix a fundamental service issue - when you don't even keep your stakeholder updated

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

D

(A very frustrated IT Service Delivery and Change Engagement Manager!)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi studio_54,

Thanks for coming back and I do completely understand how frustrating it is. Especially as this has been closed and opened back up. 

The resolve times for IT tickets have always been 7 - 10 days so even taking it to the day this ticket was originally opened we're still within that time scale. 

In terms of chasing IT, you're able to do this by speaking to the second line team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 however as a department, we're not able to chase or look in to this further until the 10 days timescale has passed. 

I wish I had better news for you however as this is already being dealt with by IT, we're not really in a position to do anything. 

Apologies once again Smiley Sad

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos