Menu
Bonce80
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Installed today. My opinion.

I like it! I think I have had quite a fortunate experience. I went on a web chat on Thursday evening and was instantly quoted the £49.99 plus £14.99 price with no additional monthly fees, and allocated an installation slot today (Glasgow) which came as a pleasant surprise! Installation was trouble free as my hub is beside the box and could be directly connected. I have played around today and the navigation, search, apps etc are all very much faster than the TiVo. I especially like the search which takes you to a show on Netflix or catch up very quickly without navigating to the app and searching. All in all I'm happy with it although I can sympathise with people who are miffed about paying extra to have a user experience comparable to sky. I was willing to pay it for the extra space and tuners though (I don't have a 4K tv so I'm not bothered about it yet). I think the main problem with the TiVo is that the hardware just isn't up to the job of running the latest software. My TiVo was slow but fortunately I didn't have the horrendous lag that many have reported. Anyway, if you are willing to part with 65 quid I definitely think you will see a big improvement.  

Tom20
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installed today. My opinion.

Nice write up Bonce, I got mine installed today too! It's how TiVo should of always been!
0 Kudos
Bonce80
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Right you are Tom. I have only been with Virgin for 18 months and the TiVo was never fast. Do you remember a time when it was?
0 Kudos
deans6571
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Bonce80 wrote:
Right you are Tom. I have only been with Virgin for 18 months and the TiVo was never fast. Do you remember a time when it was?

Even my older V+HD box was faster than TiVo....

Smiley Very Happy

Bonce80
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Jeez deans, if that's true it makes you wonder why they thought it was a decent product to release in the first place?