Menu
stevenjp90
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation Question

Evening all! 

So we've been looking at upgrading our Tivo packages to V6 but we'll wait for more content/updates etc seen a few errors on here lol

but for the people that already has been upgraded or Virgin Media themselves does the installation use the existing wire? so straight swap? or is there more/other wires that need to be installed just we have a Tivo box that is far from the main connection at the front of the house and is very limited/hard getting wires into... this will be a major thing for us upgrading or not.

steve

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Installation Question

Okay there are two parts of a V6 installation.

Attachment to existing Coax- uses the current TiVo point in most cases.

Network connection to HUB- uses hardwired if close or power line adapters if not.

Not that I would ever suggest anything untoward, getting an additional box fitted (in this case V6) would mean a new coax point needed to be installed. If you later decided to cancel your original TiVo.....

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Okay there are two parts of a V6 installation.

Attachment to existing Coax- uses the current TiVo point in most cases.

Network connection to HUB- uses hardwired if close or power line adapters if not.

Not that I would ever suggest anything untoward, getting an additional box fitted (in this case V6) would mean a new coax point needed to be installed. If you later decided to cancel your original TiVo.....

stevenjp90
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply!

Sounds good to me then as in the particular room there is the coax and a Cat7 running from the hub already for my tivo box now.

I can't see any additional boxes but we'll be replacing both Tivo boxes and hopefully replacing a standard box upstairs with one of the existing TiVo boxes but thanks for the reply and peace of mind there won't be a bunch more wires as it took 2 engineers and myself to get this current tivo box wired lol

Steve

0 Kudos