Menu
The_Wuigi
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Install v6 box

Are these boxes required to be installed by an engineer or can they be delivered by courier and setup by the customer and activated with a phone call?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Install v6 box

Engineer install only at present. Self install may come later.
The_Wuigi
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just got quoted £150, daylight robbery.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If that is just for one box it doesn't look correct.

Check out this thread: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/TiVo-V6-Pricing-Explained/td-p/3281148/jump-to/firs...
deans6571
Super solver
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

.....but isn't the job of the engineer to simply unscrew the cable from the old TiVo and then screw that into the V6 and turn it on, which in turn, the box then goes through a reboot and sets itself up ? 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That, plus make sure it is connected to the VM broadband feed preferably by direct ethernet connection, or via power lines or WiFi.

Unlike the TiVo the V6 doesn't have its own modem, but needs a VM internet connection to function fully.
The_Wuigi
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Didn't realise it needed patched into the hub, don't fancy the idea of powerlines and Ethernet cables the way my layout is. What if you don't have broadband?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No broadband, no V6, and the broadband currently has to be Virgin Media and minimum 100Mb.

0 Kudos