Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6 (202 Views)

Incorrectly charged for installation

I was considering leaving a few weeks back, and a nice chap persuaded me he could do a good deal to move to V6, keep the old unit, and that since we had the cables in place, they would drop the £64.94 installation charge.

Now I find I have been billed for it.

Who do I call?   I am away for a long weekend and seeing this charge has me currently fuming at Virgin Media for this outrageous stealing of my money!
I cannot see from my account any number to call.   

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6 (179 Views)

Re: Incorrectly charged for installation

mikeiow wrote:

I was considering leaving a few weeks back, and a nice chap persuaded me he could do a good deal to move to V6, keep the old unit, and that since we had the cables in place, they would drop the £64.94 installation charge.

Now I find I have been billed for it.

Who do I call?   I am away for a long weekend and seeing this charge has me currently fuming at Virgin Media for this outrageous stealing of my money!
I cannot see from my account any number to call.   

Thanks!

£65 isn't an installation charge. The box cost £50 and activation fee of £15. I believe the manned installation charge is £40. It all depends what was said on the call. 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6 (169 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks, I know the fees I can see - I called 150 & after a painful number of menus, finally am speaking with someone..... the challenge I am now having is that that person can see no record of the conversation I very vividly had with the previous person who persuaded me to remain with Virgin.

Of course I appreciate that maybe I misunderstood something they said.....but it felt pretty clear to me when I spoke with J7806567 (the only identity I know them as!).

Luckily they have agreed to get the call record and their manager will listen to it, but this kind of thing is somewhat maddening!
(especially with the number of options you have to listen to and press before you actually get to speak with someone - it feels distinctly like delaying technique to me....) 

0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 4 of 6 (143 Views)

mikeiow wrote:

(especially with the number of options you have to listen to and press before you actually get to speak with someone - it feels distinctly like delaying technique to me....) 

This is the same with any big company.. very annoying but meant to make sure you get to the correct department right away. Even my GP now does the same.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6 (94 Views)

[ Edited ]

They promise to reply within 30 days.....2 months later, nothing.   Not impressed.   Now getting on the phone to THEM.   

<update> - telephone person investigated & eventually returned to agree to refund the amount.    So *eventually* a happy result Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6 (53 Views)

Hi mikeiow,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry for the trouble you've had with this, it doesn't sound like a great experience!

I'm glad to hear the team have arranged the refund for you. Pop back to the Community if you get any more trouble.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos