Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I have a few questions regarding this new v6 box

1. There is currently no pricing information;

2. Currently only the iOS version of the TV Anywhere app can stream recordings from V6;

3. You can't copy recordings from TiVo to V6. You can copy series links. You could perhaps consider keeping the TiVo for a short time to watch your backlog of recordings via MRS.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

1. There is currently no pricing information;

2. Currently only the iOS version of the TV Anywhere app can stream recordings from V6;

3. You can't copy recordings from TiVo to V6. You can copy series links. You could perhaps consider keeping the TiVo for a short time to watch your backlog of recordings via MRS.

0 Kudos
TheRazzaG
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I have a question, can anyone post/link to any images of the menus and navigation of the new system if it differs significantly from Tivo?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

It's the same.
0 Kudos
broksonic
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

So that means it's going to be expensive if they can't even decide on a price.

What exactly is the point of series link when I have Series to watch ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Who says that they haven't decided the pricing yet? No announcement has been made but that doesn't mean they haven't decided.

I don't understand your question about series links.

0 Kudos
broksonic
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

I don't understand your question about series links.

what I mean is what is the point of setting up a series link on v6 . When I have series 1 of super girl and legends of tomorrow to watch , and others I've yet to watch  ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Ah I see.

I would advise that you consider the current setup I have.

Keep your existing TiVo as a second box for the time it takes you to watch existing series you have on it.

Connect new V6 to your TV and reposition your TiVo close to your Superhub but without connecting it to a TV. You will require a splitter to split the co-ax at your Superhub but this would be supplied in the Quickstart kit. (I have made an assumption that the V6 will be available for self-install.) Connect the TiVo to your Superhub ethernet port.

You now have an MRS setup and can watch TiVo's recordings on the TV connected to your V6.

There is a cost associated with having the second box. In my case this was £5 per month. You would discuss this with Retentions when you discuss acquiring the V6 and see what pricing they have in your situation.

broksonic
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

Ah I see.

I would advise that you consider the current setup I have.

Keep your existing TiVo as a second box for the time it takes you to watch existing series you have on it.

Connect new V6 to your TV and reposition your TiVo close to your Superhub but without connecting it to a TV. You will require a splitter to split the co-ax at your Superhub but this would be supplied in the Quickstart kit. (I have made an assumption that the V6 will be available for self-install.) Connect the TiVo to your Superhub ethernet port.

You now have an MRS setup and can watch TiVo's recordings on the TV connected to your V6.

There is a cost associated with having the second box. In my case this was £5 per month. You would discuss this with Retentions when you discuss acquiring the V6 and see what pricing they have in your situation.

I will try that but extremely unlikely that Retentions would Would to me an offer on having the TiVo for only £5 extra per month . Shame really as I've always paid my bills but guess that means nothing to them 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

broksonic wrote:

I will try that but extremely unlikely that Retentions would Would to me an offer on having the TiVo for only £5 extra per month . Shame really as I've always paid my bills but guess that means nothing to them 

Must be a barrel of laughs round your house..

You  think an offer which is clearly displayed on the website and available to anyone (5 quid a month extra for a second TiVo) wont be available to you..

I mean IM cynical but sometimes even MY glass IS sometimes half full.

We KNOW MRS works from TiVo to V6, we know a second TiVo costs a fiver a month, all we DONT know is when/if your primary TiVo will be replaced my V6. But IMHO thats pretty likely AND at negligible or no cost the the customer, depending on package.

Ive seen people quoting figures of 200 odd quid to upgrade which they clearly have pulled out of thin air. I dont KNOW whats going happen , but do some reading round the EOS platform and LG's plans for it and you'll quickly see its NOT likely to be hugely expensive to the end consumer.

0 Kudos