Menu
MysticMaster
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 log in

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. We have just had installed a new vivid V6 box and new hub 3. The install went very smoothly. Because I had another router already in use I had the engineer set up the hub to modem only until I could transfer the set up I had on the router. I had hoped that there would be a manual or at the least a pdf file on setting up the hub. However, I decided to try and access the hub wireless going to http://192.168.100.1 and it asked for the password. Well, I entered the default password as it came with the hub but it tells me the password is incorrect. I had it checked with my wife and it is the correct password. It would appear that I might not be able to set this hub to router mode when I want to. One thought. Should I connect to the hub by ethernet cable direct and would I then be able to enter the hub settings? Sorry for the long explanation, hoping someone can put me on the right way to sort this out. Regards, David
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
shawty1984
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3 log in

You said that you're using the password that comes on the three stickers? That password is also on the bottom of the hub 3 but that's the SSID password. There is another password on the bottom of the hub 3. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

factory reset the hub the password will go back to default and the hub will revert back to router mode
0 Kudos
MysticMaster
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but shouldn't I be able to enter the hub in modem mode? I don't want to put it into router mode just yet but need to note what all my router settings are so that I can enter the hub and know where are all the settings I require are before I go ahead and set it up. Also, I have not even changed the default password so I expected it to be valid. Thanks for your reply but I want to put the hub in router mode when I am ready but not before. Just curious why it wouldn't accept the default password. Regards, David
0 Kudos
shawty1984
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Are you sure you're using the right password?

0 Kudos
MysticMaster
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I am using the password which is on the underside of the hub and also on three sticker labels which came with it. I have not even had a chance to change it yet as we only got it installed yesterday with the V6 box. My own router is set up for to be very secure and I want to be sure the hub will be before I switch everything over. Regards, David
0 Kudos
shawty1984
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You're using the wrong password then. The password you need is on the bottom of the hub 3 underneath the one you were using. It's a shorter password. It tells you the address to use to login in and has the settings password underneath that. Seems you were using the wrong address too. 

http://192.168.0.1/

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

also you wont have any settings in modem mode other then to switch back to router mode. in modem mode all the settings are on the router you add.
0 Kudos
MysticMaster
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

thanks but I am using that password. Also the address http://192.168.100.1 is the address to use in modem mode according to virginmedia on their help page for hub3. The password I am using in modem mode is the one on the bottom of the hub. The address http://192.168.0.1 is for router mode according to virginmedia help page.I am using wireless to connect to the hub, does that make any difference?
0 Kudos
MysticMaster
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

thanks. Are you saying, if I connect to the hub in modem mode the only thing I can do is set the hub to router mode? What I would like to do if I set it to router, set everything up as I have on my own router at the moment. I want to be sure that I can. Things like same SSID and password and port forwarding for my server. Also, are there settings for wpa2 which is what I would prefer. thanks for the advice.
0 Kudos
shawty1984
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You said that you're using the password that comes on the three stickers? That password is also on the bottom of the hub 3 but that's the SSID password. There is another password on the bottom of the hub 3. 

0 Kudos