Menu
ovo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How poor a service can Virgin get Away With ?

In the last week I have had 4 recorded programmes crash on my v6 Box.

So, probably only an hour wasted with gnashing of teeth and re-boots.

But I pay the equivalent of £140 per month (without mobile), and my time is worth something?

How long should I wait for Virgin to  admit that there are such serious problems with the V6 that they can no longer pretend that they can supply a service which was as stable as the old TIVO?

Perhaps I can give Virgin my list of recorded programmes, and the can tell me which ones will not work?

Just asking.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How poor a service can Virgin get Away With ?

I'm only aware of two programs that crash the box, elementary and modern family care to share what ones are crashing your box

0 Kudos
Steve67
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Our v6 crashed various times.. some geri haliwell programme the mrs recorded..honestly. the news at 1030 live. Recorded blacklist and a sky arts programme....along with no iplayer catch-up service nor youtube and vevo since install this has led us to downgrade to the basis package just to have the broadband and we are going back to sky for the tv
... only been with virgin for 4 week and it's been a nightmare...
how can they distribute a new box with some many faults.. not glitches ..faults...
0 Kudos
ovo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Elementary, Modern Family and Legion - but ,of course, not every episode of these programmes cause a problem.

The V6 - with testing and installations  - has been loose for something like 6 months - surely the answer is to fix the problem and not rely on people telling you that "this is a known problem".

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Weird I have watch ever episode of Legion from recordings and so far it hasn't crashed on me.

I have had 1 elementary crash though.

a couple of weeks someone mentioned a new version of V6 software, but I'm still on the old, so I assume that was just a test or something.

0 Kudos