Menu
MikeyMcG
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How much to upgrade to the new V6?

I've been a customer of vm right back to the old cabletel days. We recently got a 4k telly and we would like some source material other than that offered by Netflix. We have seen reports of a new 4k box coming out to replace the current TV and Tivo boxes. Since we have a Tivo at the minute, how much would we have to pay to get it changed to the new box?
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How much to upgrade to the new V6?

Depends. What package are you on now?

you need to be on the top two packages I can think before you can order one and prices vary depending on the speed of your broadband. Look under my offers on your my virgin media page on the website. 

If it isn't there then best phone in and ask. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MikeyMcG, 

Thanks for your post and it's great that you're considering upgrading to the V6 box. 

The standard price of the Virgin TV V6 box is a simple £99.95 one-off upfront cost (+ £14.99 Activation Fee)

Customers with a Full House 200 or VIP bundle will benefit from a promotional price of £49.95 (+ £14.99 Activation Fee)

You need to have a minimum broadband speed of 100mb and a Superhub 2 or above. 

It's worth noting that currently the only 4K content we offer is via Netflix and YouTube. 

If you have any further questions, let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

bengeo
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: "Customers with a Full House 200 or VIP bundle will benefit from a promotional price of £49.95 (+ £14.99 Activation Fee)"

Other posts on this forum say that with VIP you can have 2 x V6 boxes for a total price of £49.95 (+ £14.99 Activation Fee). I have been told by CS that I will have to pay £115 for 2 V6 boxes on VIP.

Please could you clarify?

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy, 

Thanks for your post and I can confirm that customers on the VIP package will get their 2nd box free of charge. 

Have you places an order? If so let me know and I'll double check the order for you to ensure it's correct Smiley Happy

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
bengeo
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

I have sent you a message.