Menu
tobamory
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How many V6 Boxes

I about to move house to look after my father, where i will need 4 Boxes, I'm concenred that having 4 will max out the Ethernet ports on the router, is this the case ? and do virgin cater for this by supplying an additional switch, as i have a few things i like hardwired ?

I'm just weighing up the pros and cons of this, as i know SKY Q will work as it creates its own network

thanks

0 Kudos
CRonfire16
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How many V6 Boxes

There wont be any issues,

I Have both V6 and SkyQ (the wife and I have different tates) and both of us find V6 far superior.

when our sky contract ends we will go totally V6.

I have 3 V6 and have no issues, 2 set up wirelessly and 1 Ethernet.

im on 300mb and never drop below 230ish

only issue with numerous V6 (or skyQ) is the one off cost

99.95 for the V6 itself
40.00 install

14.99 activation
If you are on a larger bundle 200mb or above you get a £50 discount off the box not sure that would stand for all 4 boxes though.
i paid over £200 for all mine but again well worth it

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

tobamory wrote:

I about to move house to look after my father, where i will need 4 Boxes, I'm concenred that having 4 will max out the Ethernet ports on the router, is this the case ? and do virgin cater for this by supplying an additional switch, as i have a few things i like hardwired ?

I'm just weighing up the pros and cons of this, as i know SKY Q will work as it creates its own network

thanks

Just buy an additional switch or two, I have several around the house with one connected directly to the hub and two others hanging off that switch.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
tobamory
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I presume the wired one if to your main TV to stream 4k ? can the boxes do 4k over Wifi ? or does it struggle.

Thanks for reply, i think i will stick with Virgin.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

tobamory wrote:

I presume the wired one if to your main TV to stream 4k ? can the boxes do 4k over Wifi ? or does it struggle.

Thanks for reply, i think i will stick with Virgin.

I don't have a 4K TV but I always use wired where possible. I did try my V6 over WiFi and it was perfectly OK, including iPlayer and Netflix.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
tobamory
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Frank.

0 Kudos
CRonfire16
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeah my main V6 is hard wired but I have 4K tv in the bedroom too and the V6 wifi works perfectly. Netflix opens in less than 30 seconds
Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.
0 Kudos